Baking a cake

Just a few days ago, I decided to do something that I have not done for many years (8 years?) - Baking a cake. Yes, for a failure in baking like me, I decided to bake a cake, from scratch. I had to do that because I wanted to give something special for a special someone for our anniversary, and then, the word 'cake' just popped into my mind. So, I gathered all my courage and baked the cake, and I am glad to announce that it went OK, even though the shape wasn't perfect.

It was a chocolate cake that I've baked, with some icing sugar, fruits and melted chocolates on top for decorations. The feedback I received was: It was delicious, and he loved the cake. Just that, there were too many holes in the cake. And I know why... I do not have a sieve at home to sift my flour. Oh well... at least it tastes ok, and my kitchen is still in one piece after that.

Photobucket
Baking in the oven...

Photobucket
Freshly baked cake... naked and dull looking...

Photobucket
Photobucket
After decorating...

Comments

Popular Posts