식객 and my new friend
Finished watching 식객 / Gourmet / Le Grand Chef, yet another Korean drama... 24 interesting episodes in 2 weeks. Record time. In this series, I saw all the creative, yummy food created by top chefs from 운암정 - a top Korean 'palace' restaurant that is famous for preserving the original taste of Korea with their secret recipes passed down generations to generations from their Emperor's personal chefs.

In this series I've learned a few things: how far back you can fall, and fail miserably being too greedy. Healthy ambition might be good, but being overly (and stubbornly) ambitious can yield success at first, but not for long. For people to enjoy your cooking - even if you are not a professional chef - you need sincerity, which is a main ingredient other than knowing what to put to enhance the taste. If you cook a meal with anger and frustration, the people having your cooking will not be able enjoy it. Also, never compete because you are jealous, especially with people in your team, because other people can easily knock you down, and you will realize that in the end you will still need each other for support and to achieve goals.
I still love Kim Rae Won, after all these years... his acting is superb, and his charm is irresistable. He may not be the most handsome actor alive, but you just can't help falling in love with him when you watch his drama... He is whichever character he plays. Real. Vivid. Charismatic. The rest of the cast are good too. Nam Sang Mi's really cute as a reporter. Kim So Yeon is not the evil news reader as in "All About Eve", but a kind, understanding PA for the restaurant's owner. Kwon Oh Joong played the rival and step-brother of Kim Rae Won, as well as a top chef in Korea. And the rest of the cast whose name I don't know, all did great jobs too.

I would love to have him as my prince!
*********************
And.... Meet my new friend. He hasn't got a name yet, but he's really a friend I wanna have, yet shouldn't have...

Before Christmas, I saw him and his other friends lying on the shelves in our local post office, however, it was $19.99 then so I thought I didn't need to spend the money on soft toys when I already have so many of them. However, after Christmas, prices were slashed to $14.99, and STILL I resisted temptations and didn't get it. And now the second week after the new year, I passed by the post office again, and saw that the prices were further slashed to $9.99... This time, I got it. RUSS pets this size would have been much more expensive elsewhere. Furthermore I really liked it, and I can hug it to bed too....
Everytime I see his eyes I just wanna go 'Awwwwwww...'
Don't ask me why he's a 'he' though.... I just decide he is 'he'... ;)
********************
After all these weeks, I saw new photos of him on FB via his friend's account. He seems happy, partying with his friends, and taking crazy photos. He has cut his hair. He looks kinda tired. Saw that he's still wearing the ring I gave him, but I know that signifies nothing. He's probably wearing it out of habit, or out of 'friendship'. But seeing him in this way makes my heart ache so much I started crying, only having to stop myself as soon as the tears start to fall. I realized then I didn't actually want to see him. What's the point of seeing him when I can't hear his voice? Why see him when I know he is not mine anymore? I would do anything to have him by my side again... But what can I do? I know, unless he returns to my side nothing else can ever make me smile again. Something in me is wilting... And I can't bring myself to stand up again... I started to slack at work. My temper flares so easily I burn the people around me. I just want to sleep as and when I can so I can be transported to another world. Why am I like that? I've lost myself, and I don't know how to bring myself back...
Wondering, has he moved on already? Did he see someone who makes his heart race again? Did I ever occur in his mind ever again? Am I totally forgotten?
Friends told me, he's trying to have a clean cut with me, so that it's better for me. But I really want to hear his voice again... Can I be so shameless to wish for a phonecall from him? Is that too greedy?
Miracles, do they really not exist? Are they really just bullshit??

In this series I've learned a few things: how far back you can fall, and fail miserably being too greedy. Healthy ambition might be good, but being overly (and stubbornly) ambitious can yield success at first, but not for long. For people to enjoy your cooking - even if you are not a professional chef - you need sincerity, which is a main ingredient other than knowing what to put to enhance the taste. If you cook a meal with anger and frustration, the people having your cooking will not be able enjoy it. Also, never compete because you are jealous, especially with people in your team, because other people can easily knock you down, and you will realize that in the end you will still need each other for support and to achieve goals.
I still love Kim Rae Won, after all these years... his acting is superb, and his charm is irresistable. He may not be the most handsome actor alive, but you just can't help falling in love with him when you watch his drama... He is whichever character he plays. Real. Vivid. Charismatic. The rest of the cast are good too. Nam Sang Mi's really cute as a reporter. Kim So Yeon is not the evil news reader as in "All About Eve", but a kind, understanding PA for the restaurant's owner. Kwon Oh Joong played the rival and step-brother of Kim Rae Won, as well as a top chef in Korea. And the rest of the cast whose name I don't know, all did great jobs too.

I would love to have him as my prince!
*********************
And.... Meet my new friend. He hasn't got a name yet, but he's really a friend I wanna have, yet shouldn't have...

Before Christmas, I saw him and his other friends lying on the shelves in our local post office, however, it was $19.99 then so I thought I didn't need to spend the money on soft toys when I already have so many of them. However, after Christmas, prices were slashed to $14.99, and STILL I resisted temptations and didn't get it. And now the second week after the new year, I passed by the post office again, and saw that the prices were further slashed to $9.99... This time, I got it. RUSS pets this size would have been much more expensive elsewhere. Furthermore I really liked it, and I can hug it to bed too....
Everytime I see his eyes I just wanna go 'Awwwwwww...'
Don't ask me why he's a 'he' though.... I just decide he is 'he'... ;)
********************
After all these weeks, I saw new photos of him on FB via his friend's account. He seems happy, partying with his friends, and taking crazy photos. He has cut his hair. He looks kinda tired. Saw that he's still wearing the ring I gave him, but I know that signifies nothing. He's probably wearing it out of habit, or out of 'friendship'. But seeing him in this way makes my heart ache so much I started crying, only having to stop myself as soon as the tears start to fall. I realized then I didn't actually want to see him. What's the point of seeing him when I can't hear his voice? Why see him when I know he is not mine anymore? I would do anything to have him by my side again... But what can I do? I know, unless he returns to my side nothing else can ever make me smile again. Something in me is wilting... And I can't bring myself to stand up again... I started to slack at work. My temper flares so easily I burn the people around me. I just want to sleep as and when I can so I can be transported to another world. Why am I like that? I've lost myself, and I don't know how to bring myself back...
Wondering, has he moved on already? Did he see someone who makes his heart race again? Did I ever occur in his mind ever again? Am I totally forgotten?
Friends told me, he's trying to have a clean cut with me, so that it's better for me. But I really want to hear his voice again... Can I be so shameless to wish for a phonecall from him? Is that too greedy?
Miracles, do they really not exist? Are they really just bullshit??
Comments
that toy dog is cute lor... so haf u booked ur flight back to sg?
not yet but am going to... if not dunno when can go back sg also... missing home... and hope to see u in ur wedding gown too! ;)