恭喜发财!

First of all, wishing everyone a HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR! Even though the year of the Ox hasn't been predicted as a very good year with the slumping economy and as what fengshui experts have said, lack of 'fire' element... I pray hard times will be over soon... No one deserves this....

26 January 2009 isn't just the first day of Chinese New Year... In Australia, it's also their national day, therefore it is a public holiday. Lucky me... Another rest day... There was a parade going on in the city, however, I was in the city very briefly to change train lines, therefore I did not catch any... I am not that interested to wrestle with the crowd either...

Met up with Eva and her little daughter Zoe, now 11 months old, for lunch at Northland. I've yet been to Northland because it's not accessible with public transport. It's a small shopping centre near Preston, with all the usual Australian shops. Nothing much to see... Zoe is in a good mood today, and she kept smiling at me, and also at random strangers. She's so adorable and she just makes anyone's day... She squeals all the time, and she loves biting stuff (cuz she's teething), as well as snatching my necklace and hitting my face. She loves having me to play with her, but she will cry if I carry her (STILL!) Lol... But I love this little darling... And I think she loves me too~ :)

Afterwards, I went to Eva's house briefly where Zoe took a nap and I had 2 ice-creams.... Gosh, the weather's so hot!! And it's going to be HOTTER this entire week with temperatures ranging between 38-43degrees everyday!! It's gonna be hell!!

Photobucket
Zoe waiting to have her little meal at Northland's foodcourt

Photobucket
Photobucket
In the car with Zoe... She's holding the little white tiger I gave her as a new year present...

Photobucket
Eva and me at her place...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year, even though I've spent the first day of CNY with Eva, however, I did not celebrate the festival. Few days ago, I lost my grandfather... I am sad, but because I am not very close with my grandfather from my dad's side, I am sad more because my dad and my grandmother are sad... It is a shame I couldn't fly back in time for the funeral, because I couldn't get a place on any flights. No travel agency, nor online booking could get me a seat the very next day, unless I travel business class. Even though I am leading my usual life here and going out with friends over the weekend, however, I am constantly calling back to speak with dad, mum and my grandmother... There is nothing I can do here besides to pray, and tell my grandfather who has passed on, that I am leading a healthy life, and am treating myself well. I promised myself that even though I can't be back now, the next time I am back I will make a trip down to visit them.

R.I.P 爷爷... We all miss you.

Comments

Popular Posts