Happy New Year 2009

And so, 2008 flew by just like that, and 2009 made its entrance here in Melbourne more than 3 hours ago. In Singapore, they have just welcomed the new year... I wonder what everyone is doing over there... I wonder what is HE doing... Counting down with friends, maybe? Partying?

Probably none of my concern... I've decided to let my sorrows off on this festive season, but wasn't too successful because I was flat out when I finished work at 2.30pm on New Year's Eve. Cases went out at 11.30am just like Xmas eve, and we have to report to work at 7.30am to get everything done on time. After work, I went shopping a little, and it was then I realized my severe muscle-aches, as well as my exhaustion, which seems so bad that I feel like collapsing right there and then. In the end, I went home to nap, and felt a lot better after that. If not, I would have not gone to any count-down parties and stayed at home to rest!

3 different group of friends have asked me out to countdown, however, I've already promised Ai-Lin to go to her sister's house party, and she was the first to ask, therefore, I got to turn down other plans. After having dinner at home, I caught the 9pm train down to Richmond, and change trains to get to Burnley. After reaching Burnley, I walked to where her sister Ju-Lin is staying. There were about 10 people sitting around chilling, and I've learnt after that that many people has come and gone. The only person I know there is Ai-Lin, however, I made friends with the rest pretty easily. Talked more to Greek girl Gretta, as well as Korean girl Sun Young. Ai-Lin made me this chardonnay with hisbiscus flower inside, which was interesting. Other than that, I must say Ju-Lin is a pretty good cook, and the rice she made was beautiful. And the desserts were fantastic too!

We counted down at a park near Ju-Lin's place, and we played with sparkles and watched fireworks from afar. I think it was more fun watching the fireworks AWAY from the massive crowd in the city.

Now for some photos...

The Food...

Photobucket
The hibiscus wine I had...

Photobucket
I think this is similar to san choi bau or something like that... we wrap the rice in the lettuce and eat it for good luck.

Photobucket
I like this rice... there's potato in it, and it was a tad spicy.

Photobucket
The desserts afterwards - Cheesecake, chocolate brownies and jelly shots (vodka)
All yummy...

In the House...

Photobucket
Ai-lin liked this photo she took of me with my bag...


Photobucket
Photos again


Photobucket
Black vs White - Ai-lin vs Clarice


In the Park Counting Down...

Photobucket
Ju-lin and Louise playing with sparklies in the park

Photobucket
I play them upside-down

Photobucket
Grandma Ai-lin helps us light them up

Photobucket
Photobucket

Magician Ai-lin

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Fireworks from afar...
Unclear pics, but it was great watching them

I had a fun, yet short time at Ju-Lin's place. Got to know many people. Left at 1.45am. Transport's free and running all night til after 4am! I'm sure there will be loads of parties going on all around Melbourne. Just as we were walking to the park, there were already a few households having parties and everywhere was lively and noisy.

Wish everyone a Happy New Year! May everything be good for you in the new year! And also, all the best!
:)

Comments

Popular Posts