Bride Wars

Just went to watch "Bride Wars" at Chadstone with Joanna. The movie was just OK, but nothing extraordinary, and a pretty easy-to-guess plot... More of a 'girls' kind of movie I would say. But I've always liked Anne Hathaway in all her movies... She's so pretty, and not to say, so talented too! Kate Hudson wasn't so bad herself as well... But I thought both of them can be better 'quality' sort of movies though...



Photobucket


I didn't get to shop much in Chadstone though... Joanna and I met up during lunch time hours and had Japanese udon soup and a long chat about not wanting to get married. In some ways, we are both similar in our thinking and views. The only difference is she has a matured and loving bf, and I just lost mine. :(



*************************************************************************

These few days have been total HELL for me. Well, not just for me, but for everyone in Australia in general. 4 consecutive days of over 40degrees... And because of this century heatwave, trains have been cancelled, or very delayed, causing passengers to be stranded at train stations, unable to get to wherever they want to go. Due to major delays, when there is a train eventually, many people still cannot get on board because it will be jam packed with people. Even if I managed to squeeze myself on, we're all smelling each other's smelly sweaty armpits~ This was the shit I have gone through the past few days. Furthermore there is no air-conditioning at home, and our house is so boiling hot that I cannot sleep at night, and woke up in a pool of sweat. Walking around is a torture too, with the sun literally grilling us alive. I was glad that I was at work during the hottest part of the day, because our office has air-conditioning. However at the restaurant, the air-conditioning wasn't working very well, and my colleagues and I found it so difficult coping with the heat, running around sweating. Maybe the lucky thing is there weren't as many dine-in customers, however, our takeaway orders were just CRAZY. :s

Luckily it is over now... According to the weather forecasts, the next few days are hot, but it's between 30-35 degrees. And tonight, there are cool winds blowing, and I can feel that our house has cooled down tremendously as compared to the days before. This must be Australia's most craziest heatwaves ever! So many bushfires occurred because of the heat too... And 18,000 homes lost their power supply too. That is how terrible it was!


I hope Autumn will be here soon! I prefer the cold so much more~ I know, speaking from someone who comes from a hot country...


P/S: R.I.P Darcey Iris Freeman. She was only 4 years old when her father threw her off Westgate Bridge, which is more than 50m from the surface of the Yarra River. She was in a critical condition, and paramedics were trying to save her. However, she did not survive. Cannot believe how cruel a father can be! A 4-year-old child, who is so pure and innocent, and trusting her parents 100%, died in the brutal hands of her very own father... What has this world become to?!

Comments

i watched brides war too and cried coz i was watching alone. It just suddenly jolted me with wat if vanessa, me and u all wanted to get married on the same day... will we try to sabotage each other's wedding, only to realize the amt of love we haf for each other as 'sisters'... That when I cried... I miss you both...
Clarice said…
awwww... i didn't really imagine that though cuz we know it's not possible... one, i am no where near getting married, and vanessa hasn't announced anything either. u've already got ur date and venue fixed lol... two, even if it does happen, i'm sure we will try to come up with a better idea and not turn out into a brides war.. lol...
Clarice said…
i really love the orange tan and blue hair in the movie though hahahahahahaha...
the orange was like garfield in human form...
den, 'MY HAIR IS BLUE! I am getting married in few days and my hair is BLUE!"
LOLx

Popular Posts