Happy 2008~
Finally 2007 bade us goodbye, and 2008 made its entry into our lives. Australia might have celebrated the new year 3 hours ahead from Singapore, but nonetheless, we are all now in this fresh new year, and also, we had our own celebrations too!
We did not celebrate 2008 like having a big party or going for drinks or going for something crazy. It was as simple as last year - squeezing with the crowd at Federation Square, and watching the fireworks after yelling the countdown with the rest. Though none of us were delighted with the fact of squeezing and wrestling in the massive crowd (and encountering some crazy, wacky people too), it was even more torturing to battle with the boiling heat that Melbourne just went through the past 2 days. It was at least 40 degrees (it went up to 42 degrees on New year's eve, or even higher!), and from the news, I heard that when the clock struck 12 midnight, it was still a high 32 degrees! Very very hot and sweaty and unbearable! I can literally feel myself melting! It was even worse without air-conditioning! And I pity a 7-Eleven outlet somewhere in North Melbourne, whose air-conditioner broke down, and it was so hot that ALL the chocolates in that outlet MELTED! Yes, MELTED! The cashier was sighing to me that those chocolates cannot be sold, and when I felt some of the chocolate bars on the rack, yes, they were all soft! ALAMAK !
Eventually we managed to maneuver our way through the crowd, we enjoyed the night view at Yarra River, and then took some photos. I was chiding myself for forgetting my camera, so I can only take photos with lower resolution phone cameras...



Some low-resolution pics of the fireworks. Most of the pics I've taken with my phones didn't turn out well... it's not easy to capture fireworks on camera...

Chris was one of my friends who counted down with me...

And of cuz my hubby too...
Check out the shirt I bought him... I reckon he looks GREAT in it... ;)

I really really like this photo.

My companions for the night...
On New Years day, I slept til 3pm (not surprising) and woke up feeling so freaking hot and lethargic. Ended up going over to my hubby's friends' place to wait for him to dye his hair, and then we headed to Hoyts to catch "The Golden Compass". Finally decided to watch it. Actually the movie wasn't as bad as what our other friends have said it to be, but the ending sucks. It is just telling you that there will be a "The Golden Compass 2", perhaps in the next 2 years, from the way they ended it, and there are still lots of mysteries and questions left unsolved. Somehow, I dislike that sort of ending. I dislike leaving the cinema with lots of question marks on my head.

Anyway, 2nd Jan means back to reality - work and waking up early. And guess what, it's already 2.13am and I'm still not in bed....! Gotta go!
Happy New Year again and enjoy!! :)
We did not celebrate 2008 like having a big party or going for drinks or going for something crazy. It was as simple as last year - squeezing with the crowd at Federation Square, and watching the fireworks after yelling the countdown with the rest. Though none of us were delighted with the fact of squeezing and wrestling in the massive crowd (and encountering some crazy, wacky people too), it was even more torturing to battle with the boiling heat that Melbourne just went through the past 2 days. It was at least 40 degrees (it went up to 42 degrees on New year's eve, or even higher!), and from the news, I heard that when the clock struck 12 midnight, it was still a high 32 degrees! Very very hot and sweaty and unbearable! I can literally feel myself melting! It was even worse without air-conditioning! And I pity a 7-Eleven outlet somewhere in North Melbourne, whose air-conditioner broke down, and it was so hot that ALL the chocolates in that outlet MELTED! Yes, MELTED! The cashier was sighing to me that those chocolates cannot be sold, and when I felt some of the chocolate bars on the rack, yes, they were all soft! ALAMAK !
Eventually we managed to maneuver our way through the crowd, we enjoyed the night view at Yarra River, and then took some photos. I was chiding myself for forgetting my camera, so I can only take photos with lower resolution phone cameras...



Some low-resolution pics of the fireworks. Most of the pics I've taken with my phones didn't turn out well... it's not easy to capture fireworks on camera...

Chris was one of my friends who counted down with me...

And of cuz my hubby too...
Check out the shirt I bought him... I reckon he looks GREAT in it... ;)

I really really like this photo.

My companions for the night...
On New Years day, I slept til 3pm (not surprising) and woke up feeling so freaking hot and lethargic. Ended up going over to my hubby's friends' place to wait for him to dye his hair, and then we headed to Hoyts to catch "The Golden Compass". Finally decided to watch it. Actually the movie wasn't as bad as what our other friends have said it to be, but the ending sucks. It is just telling you that there will be a "The Golden Compass 2", perhaps in the next 2 years, from the way they ended it, and there are still lots of mysteries and questions left unsolved. Somehow, I dislike that sort of ending. I dislike leaving the cinema with lots of question marks on my head.

Anyway, 2nd Jan means back to reality - work and waking up early. And guess what, it's already 2.13am and I'm still not in bed....! Gotta go!
Happy New Year again and enjoy!! :)
Comments