Ailin's birthday at Chi
Just came back from a little "gathering", whom all of them I have NO idea who they are...... Weird? Yes, weird, but that gathering does not belong to me, it belongs to the birthday girl Ailin, who has gathered all her friends at Chi (a little pub/lounge on Little Bourke's Chinatown) for a chill-out session for her birthday. I think her birthday was actually on the 6th Jan, but she held her gathering a little later.
There was no birthday cake or big party, just over chilling, alcohol and chit-chat. I was invited, along with other peeps from our Korean class, but then most of them couldn't make it, even our teacher, who has intended to go, but had something up last minute and she can't come either.
Ailin placed me with her badminton friends at this oval table, and I got to know all of them. They were all very friendly and chatty, but unfortunately I can't remember any of their names! I am just so bad at remembering names, but then I can still remember their faces vividly in my mind. Had a good chat with a couple of them, over my long island iced tea, which everyone claimed was strong in alcohol, but it was quite dilute to me. It has a few shots in it, with iced lemon tea and some coke. I thought it tasted really good, but not exactly 'strong' in my opinion.
At around 10pm Julie came over with her friend Gabby, and that's when the badminton people left. It was soon reduced to just me, Julie, Gabby, Ailin and her cousin Kevin chatting at another smaller table in the pub. Then at about 10.40pm, I left with Julie and Gabby for supper at Teppansan. It was really late after we finished, but thanks to Gabby, I got a ride home. :)
Had fun tonight, and the weather's not that hot anymore. Surprisingly for a day which was supposedly to be 40 degrees, it turned out pretty ok, thanks to the cooler wind. The weather's gonna be much cooler over the weekend and over the next week, with temperatures not exceeding 26 degrees. Fantastic!
We only took 2 photos for the night with my camera... and they all look more or less the same... lol...


From left: Julie, Ailin, me and Gabby
Sleep in tomorrow!! Yay!!! With a nice, cool weather under my warm blanket... How nice~ Going to shower right now and shall snuggle into my bed soon! :)
There was no birthday cake or big party, just over chilling, alcohol and chit-chat. I was invited, along with other peeps from our Korean class, but then most of them couldn't make it, even our teacher, who has intended to go, but had something up last minute and she can't come either.
Ailin placed me with her badminton friends at this oval table, and I got to know all of them. They were all very friendly and chatty, but unfortunately I can't remember any of their names! I am just so bad at remembering names, but then I can still remember their faces vividly in my mind. Had a good chat with a couple of them, over my long island iced tea, which everyone claimed was strong in alcohol, but it was quite dilute to me. It has a few shots in it, with iced lemon tea and some coke. I thought it tasted really good, but not exactly 'strong' in my opinion.
At around 10pm Julie came over with her friend Gabby, and that's when the badminton people left. It was soon reduced to just me, Julie, Gabby, Ailin and her cousin Kevin chatting at another smaller table in the pub. Then at about 10.40pm, I left with Julie and Gabby for supper at Teppansan. It was really late after we finished, but thanks to Gabby, I got a ride home. :)
Had fun tonight, and the weather's not that hot anymore. Surprisingly for a day which was supposedly to be 40 degrees, it turned out pretty ok, thanks to the cooler wind. The weather's gonna be much cooler over the weekend and over the next week, with temperatures not exceeding 26 degrees. Fantastic!
We only took 2 photos for the night with my camera... and they all look more or less the same... lol...


From left: Julie, Ailin, me and Gabby
Sleep in tomorrow!! Yay!!! With a nice, cool weather under my warm blanket... How nice~ Going to shower right now and shall snuggle into my bed soon! :)
Comments