Oh BROTHER.....! Part 3

Take 1:

Customer: Can I order a ebi tempura main size? (he pronounced it as 'eee-buy')
Me: Sure, one ebi tempura main size for you (I pronounced it 'eh-bee' - the correct way).
Customer: (looks at menu) ebi (eee-buy) or ebi (eh-bee) or ebi (eee-bee)... it depends on what region you belong to...
Me: !!! -_-;;;

You are not Japanese. Neither are you Asian. You don't know if I am Japanese or not. Are you correcting ME or making funny jokes about a Japanese term?

*Note: ebi = prawn in Japanese. Yes, it's pronounced 'eh-bee'


Take 2:

Customer: Do you do deliveries?
Me: Sorry, we do not.
Customer: But you used to do deliveries!
Me: Nope we have never done deliveries before.
Customer: Couldn't be! I am a regular customer! (the same ol excuse...)
Me: Nope we have never done deliveries before.
Customer: Can you do delivery today, for a regular customer??
Me: Nope we never do deliveries. We do not have the resources.
Customer: But why not????
Me: (didn't I just answer that?) You can order take away and we will make your food in time for your preferred pick-up time.
Customer: ...... ARgh... Ok...

Are you trying to re-write history, ma'am? Don't come and doubt me!


Take 3:

Customer: I'll like a gyoza, which is the pan-fried home-made dumplings filled with pork and vegetables? *(reads from menu)
And I'll like a nasuden, which is the lightly grilled eggplant glazed with a sweet miso paste. (reads from menu)
And then I'll like a kaki fry, which is the oysters crumbed and deep-fried, served with lemon wedge and mayo dip. (reads from menu)
And then I'll have the ebi tempura (reads description from menu)
And then I'll have the chicken teriyaki (reads description from menu)

.... and so on and so forth.....

Dear sir, I really appreciate your efforts to improve your reading skills. Either that or you think I am really new in the restaurant. Can I kindly let you know that I already know the menu by heart so you don't have to tell me what each item is?


Take 4:
(after they ordered)
Customer: Are you from China? (for God's sake! DO I LOOK LIKE I'M FROM CHINA!?)
Me: Nope.
Customer: Oh... Japan?
Me: Nope.
Customer: then where??
Me: *shrugs* (but maintains my smile)
Customer: Malaysia?
Me: Nope
Customer: Korea?
Me: (smiles) nope
Customer: Thailand?
Me: Nope.
Customer: Vietnam?
Me: Nope.
Customer: C'mon, tell me where?
Colleague (the bar person): Clarice, can you help me here?? (franctically... too busy)
Me: (to customer) Thanks for your order, I'll get you your drinks ASAP. (escapes)
Customer: ...............

Are you trying to guess an extremely busy waitress drenched in sweat trying to get everything done (and helping others at the same time) where she is from? Either that or you are just trying to be a bloody show-off the number of Asian countries you know! I could have told you easily, but you had a bad start guessing I am from China. Bleah. You will NEVER get the answer! (snorts)



All in a day's job... Freaking busy Saturday yet quite a lot of 'interesting' scenarios. Bleah...

Comments

LOLx... interesting ppl u meet ...

Popular Posts