First words

Over the phone with Eva this afternoon, I first heard Zoe addressing me.

Eva was coaxing her to call me "姨" over the phone, and she did!

I felt so much happier after being able to hear (though not able to see her) her call me. When Eva asked her who gave her the giraffe story book, she was able to reply "姨". She also remember that it was this "姨" who gave her the little white tiger she loved so much she has to hug it to bed every night. I really hope she can still call me "姨" when she sees me in person next time.

Turning 2 in another 3 days, I felt like having seen her the past 2 years from an infant to the little toddler she is now, I felt so happy that she has started to speak a few words. She was also able to say 'I love you' over the phone for her "姨". Oddly, it feels like having your own child to finally be able to call you 'ma'/'mummy'.

Even though we are no where related, but Eva is my best friend here, and I definitely love her little girl like my own. I wish I could visit them in the city today, but by the time I woke up and realized that Eva has called, it was already too late to go down.

Hope to visit them soon! Eva's in-laws are going back to Taiwan 2 weeks later, so hopefully we can spend more time together.

Comments

Popular Posts