Accommodation Settled!
After a long haul of researching, asking, reading and deciding, I have finally decided on my accommodation for Hong Kong and Korea and made my bookings.
It was quite hard to work out on my accommodation because I am considering many factors being a solo female traveller. Safety issues definitely comes first. Next, working within my budget. I have set a budget so I have been looking out for good prices as well, and fortunately I did not exceed it. Convenience and ease of access is the next factor I looked at. Then, reading reviews of the hotels to see if they are clean and safe, etc. Thought over so much, and finally made my decisions in the end!
Too bad I am a girl, and there ARE issues traveling alone that I need to be cautious about. It is my first time going alone after all...
Thanks to Benise, I was able to find some affordable hotels in HK. True, the hotels in HK island are all higher priced as compared to Kowloon but through Benise's recommended website I found cheaper places. Settled for Ramada Hotel, which is located in the West District of HK island, near HK University. I am not worried about convenience cuz I know HK's transportation is very convenient.
Was really tempted to stay in Seoul's Guest House to experience traditional Korean accommodation, but then I saw Ulji-Ro CO-OP Residence and it's 2 minutes walk to Dongdae moon market as well as the train station with connecting lines. The price for its location is pretty good too! Mary was right - you can get lots of good bargain cheap accommodation in Seoul and they are all safe and clean! Well, probably too early for me to conclude that since I haven't been there, but then from what I've seen, it seems that way.
Now I am really itchy to get out of here now... It is after all another 26 days, and time is slowly dragging by... Knowing that a big break is approaching soon, it feels like I'm dragging my feet to work every single day... If only there is something to fast forward just like how you can do it on your MP3/iPod!
It was quite hard to work out on my accommodation because I am considering many factors being a solo female traveller. Safety issues definitely comes first. Next, working within my budget. I have set a budget so I have been looking out for good prices as well, and fortunately I did not exceed it. Convenience and ease of access is the next factor I looked at. Then, reading reviews of the hotels to see if they are clean and safe, etc. Thought over so much, and finally made my decisions in the end!
Too bad I am a girl, and there ARE issues traveling alone that I need to be cautious about. It is my first time going alone after all...
Thanks to Benise, I was able to find some affordable hotels in HK. True, the hotels in HK island are all higher priced as compared to Kowloon but through Benise's recommended website I found cheaper places. Settled for Ramada Hotel, which is located in the West District of HK island, near HK University. I am not worried about convenience cuz I know HK's transportation is very convenient.
Was really tempted to stay in Seoul's Guest House to experience traditional Korean accommodation, but then I saw Ulji-Ro CO-OP Residence and it's 2 minutes walk to Dongdae moon market as well as the train station with connecting lines. The price for its location is pretty good too! Mary was right - you can get lots of good bargain cheap accommodation in Seoul and they are all safe and clean! Well, probably too early for me to conclude that since I haven't been there, but then from what I've seen, it seems that way.
Now I am really itchy to get out of here now... It is after all another 26 days, and time is slowly dragging by... Knowing that a big break is approaching soon, it feels like I'm dragging my feet to work every single day... If only there is something to fast forward just like how you can do it on your MP3/iPod!
Comments