正所谓: 三寸不烂之舌

On Thursday, I was out at 5pm, but only went back home on Friday 4am.

Had dinner at Oriental Spoon with Ai-lin and Daniel. Had a real good chat with the both of them over our meals. The reason for our meet was because Daniel is going to Sydney over the weekend to visit So Yeon, and she has asked him to buy her 10 Korean DVDs. This big boy needs our advice. Ai-lin and I picked out 5 DVDs each for him and he just paid... LOL... At 9pm, we parted at Melbourne Central train station, and I waited around for Mr. M to arrive.

Clayton, or Mr. M came at around 9.30am, and we drifted from place to place to have drinks. Surprisingly we had so much to talk. Last time when he was still a manager in Sozai, I have never imagined that we can actually sit down as friends, and chit chat the entire night. Our topics evolved around Sozai a lot, and he has advised me on what I can do with the changes that are occuring in the restaurant. He is a strategic thinker and loves solving problems, so he was able to help me in my problems. On the other hand, I also listened to him rant about his relationship issues and a ruined friendship. It is kind of hard to be the middle person since he and his 'girlfriend' both talk to me about their problems with each other, and yet I cannot do anything except to listen. But I am happy to simply lend a listening ear to them because I know I cannot give the best advice when I myself cannot handle my own relationship-related issues properly. But as a friend, I am always more than willing to be there if someone needs to rant.

When I first stepped into Sozai, I was really afraid, and really disliked Mr. M so much, that I wanted nothing to do with him. His coldness and unfriendliness told me that we can never be friends. I can never imagined that after he has left Sozai, he let us see the other side of him, and eventually I understood why he behaved like that when he was working with us. And he even initiated asking me out, meaning that he treats me as a friend too. It is a 180 degrees change, but I am happy that I have made a good friend.

Talked so much recently for different reasons that my throat is starting to hurt a little. I know I can be really chatty sometimes (unless I am working, then I will become all stern and doesn't talk at all).... Really, I probably have a 三寸不烂之舌!

Comments

Popular Posts