SG Update (3): Meet-Ups and Funs with Andy

Finally get to meet this great friend of mine - Andy - after a whopping.... 3 years? 4 maybe? I don't know... However, it has been a long time. Therefore it was great to catch up~ And definitely great to listen to his travel adventures (though the robbing at gun-point by Nigerians wasn't the kind of 'adventure' I want to hear!)... Overall I was happy to see him once again :)

I felt so un-Singaporean! I felt lost everywhere, given the massive changes that is either occurring, or going to occur in near future. And having not been back for 2.5 years, I felt so detached from my hometown. Andy, on the other hand, knows his way around very well. Therefore I am just following blindly everywhere lol...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
First we had a light meal at Novus in Singapore Museum. The mushroom quiche I had was delicious! Andy had a chicken pie. Afterwards we ordered a chocolate mint milkshare which tasted great too~

PhotobucketPhotobucket
At Singapore Museum, Andy took lots of photos of me looking out of the window. It was raining at that time and we were trapped therefore we took lots of photo to kill time...
And we also took pics with these courtesy lions along Orchard Road. Reminds me of those times when we did 好公民 in school... However, the thought of Singaporeans needing these courtesy lions telling them what to do seems pretty 'disappointing'....

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We were deciding whether to try one of these cafes/restaurants at Cuppage (which, by the way, has a very cool layout), in the end we went to Toast Box at Centerpoint and had Kaya toast and Kopi.




12-05-09 This is an island I haven't been to in DONKEY years~ PULAU UBIN. However, to get around the island, it is best to cycle. But I have totally abandoned my ability to cycle, and can't seem to pick it back up. Therefore, poor Andy has to waste so much effort to get me started :p

Didn't get to Chek Jawa in the end... And we were so burnt and insect-bitten after that.... Not to say SWEATY! My t-shirt was drenched!

In the morning we had breakfast at Changi Village. We had kaya toast (again) and soft-boiled eggs, and Kopi. After we have filled our tummies, we set off. Lunch was at Changi Village too~

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Breakfast

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Setting off on the ferry..

PhotobucketPhotobucket
At Pulau Ubin

Photobucket
With Andy

Photobucket
I had my fave fish bee hoon with the milk-based soup as lunch. The one at Changi Village rocks! And the chilli is the trick~

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Andy had char kway teow and we had the refreshing sugar cane drink.

After that we headed back to have a rest. It was exhausting biking around Pulau Ubin! And the weather is so hot and humid!



And after our Pulau Ubin trip, we went back home and had a little rest before meeting up at Arab Street to have a late dinner.

Dinner was at Cafe de caire, a place that serves mainly Midden Eastern/Mediterranean food. We can also smoke Hookah Shisah, which I didn't try. I ordered for myself roast chicken with rice, whilst Andy ordered a mutton with rice dish (which I didn't try since I don't take mutton). For drinks, I ordered the hibiscus fizz, which tasted not bad. Andy had baalagawa milkshake, which has almonds (or was it hazelnuts?) in it.

After dinner, we walked around the city, from Arab Street to Parkview Square, Raffles Hotel, paased by Bugis, Central Fire Station, then Clarke Quay. Clarke Quay has changed quite a bit, but it was still vibrant late at night. Had a drink at Clinic C, and then welcomed my birthday (silently). I officially turned a bloody 26 then...

4 more years to 30.... Sad thought

PhotobucketPhotobucket
chicken and mutton... which is which???

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our drinks (left: milkshake; right: hibiscus fizz) and the layout of the restaurant.
We ate seated on cushioned and carpeted floors.

Photobucket
The patrions

Photobucket
A really majestic mosque situated near Arab Street and North Bridge Road - Sultan Mosque

PhotobucketPhotobucket
At Clinic C - the pub makes use of the 'hospital' concept where alcohol are served in the form of the drip, wheelchair seatings, and being served by 'doctors' in their 'coats'. However, I didn't have my Jack Daniels from a drip, neither was I served by a 'doctor' or seated in a wheelchair. The atmosphere there wasn't too bad though.

p/s: Ignore all the 'blue-blacks' on my calves. Got them all from my struggle with the bicycle on Pulau Ubin. ARGH! And to think I have to wear shorts in Singapore's heat! (I can't stand wearing jeans anymore in that weather)

No pictures of Parkway Parade (or Marine Parade), but that was where I went for my birthday. I paid a visit to the Yamaha I used to go to every week for piano lessons. It has changed a bit, however, I saw no one familiar. I miss piano classes, not to say, I wish I can have my piano with me in Australia so I can play when I want to... :(


To be continued...


Had lunch with Andy at Wheelock Place's N.Y.D.C. Ordered really yummy mushroom pizza, cream of mushroom, and a chocolate cake to finish off. SINFUL yet very DELICIOUS...

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our feast

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A feast before me... And I like Andy's t-shirt! A good excuse to show people if you are late when meeting them... :p

Comments

Popular Posts