FINALLY touched down
After that long, TREACHEROUS flight, I finally touched down in Melbourne safely at 8pm.
It feels as if I have just flown all the way from somewhere in Europe to Melbourne. It was THAT long, and THAT tiring.
All night whilst being stranded in Changi Airport, I drifted from terminal to terminal, walking aimlessly. Actually, half the time I was looking for the free phones (which are really payphones in disguise unless you know local calls are for free!) and free gadget chargers. My phone was flat and I was bored. I was hungry but I didn't have much SGD with me therefore I try not to spend. Instead, I went online and seek refuge at Facebook, and Facebook Chat. Really got to thank Andy and Vanessa for keeping the estrangled me entertained even though it was already that late at night.
Fortunately, the flight did take off a bit after 7am, if not, I really couldn't imagine what my reaction (or any other passengers' reactions) would be!
There were so many delays along the way as well. The flight from Darwin to Melbourne had pretty punctual boarding time, however, when we were all crammed in the air bridge waiting to get on board, someone told us that there are engineers repairing the aircraft TOILETS and therefore we got to wait! For goodness sake, everyone was crammed in that extremely stuffy air bridge waiting for TOILET REPAIRS! If they are attending to such a problem, perhaps they could have delayed our boarding time??? The entire flight has already been so fucked up already anyway.....
We actually touched down Melbourne at 7.30pm, however, we waited (with bursting bladders and not being allowed to leave our seats with seat belts signs still switched on) for half an hour for a 'parking' space at the terminal because it was peak hour traffic then.
To make up for the major delay, Jetstar offered free food and drinks throughout, and offered us blankets and inflatable pillows. These things are usually not for free for budget flights. They also offered $200 travel tickets to be claimed within the next 48hours.
Reached home at 9.30am with warm welcomes from Rich (btw, Happy Birthday!) and Lee. They have been waiting for me to start dinner...
I will NOT fly with Jetstar again!! I think I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars extra for better quality service, and time management. <:(
********************************************************************
Really did not feel like leaving Singapore. I had so much fun there! Why does fun times got to fly us by so quickly??
Really thank Amelia for coming all the way to send me off.... :)
And of course, Daddy and Mommy, whom I will miss terribly...
Hopefully my next visit wouldn't exceed a year later!

My last dinner in Singapore - Hainanese chicken rice @ T3 foodcourt


My parents, and Amelia, who has came to sent me off.
I will subsequently try to update all the happenings in Singapore... Didn't get a lot of time to do them when I was in Singapore. Stay tuned! :)
It feels as if I have just flown all the way from somewhere in Europe to Melbourne. It was THAT long, and THAT tiring.
All night whilst being stranded in Changi Airport, I drifted from terminal to terminal, walking aimlessly. Actually, half the time I was looking for the free phones (which are really payphones in disguise unless you know local calls are for free!) and free gadget chargers. My phone was flat and I was bored. I was hungry but I didn't have much SGD with me therefore I try not to spend. Instead, I went online and seek refuge at Facebook, and Facebook Chat. Really got to thank Andy and Vanessa for keeping the estrangled me entertained even though it was already that late at night.
Fortunately, the flight did take off a bit after 7am, if not, I really couldn't imagine what my reaction (or any other passengers' reactions) would be!
There were so many delays along the way as well. The flight from Darwin to Melbourne had pretty punctual boarding time, however, when we were all crammed in the air bridge waiting to get on board, someone told us that there are engineers repairing the aircraft TOILETS and therefore we got to wait! For goodness sake, everyone was crammed in that extremely stuffy air bridge waiting for TOILET REPAIRS! If they are attending to such a problem, perhaps they could have delayed our boarding time??? The entire flight has already been so fucked up already anyway.....
We actually touched down Melbourne at 7.30pm, however, we waited (with bursting bladders and not being allowed to leave our seats with seat belts signs still switched on) for half an hour for a 'parking' space at the terminal because it was peak hour traffic then.
To make up for the major delay, Jetstar offered free food and drinks throughout, and offered us blankets and inflatable pillows. These things are usually not for free for budget flights. They also offered $200 travel tickets to be claimed within the next 48hours.
Reached home at 9.30am with warm welcomes from Rich (btw, Happy Birthday!) and Lee. They have been waiting for me to start dinner...
I will NOT fly with Jetstar again!! I think I'd rather spend a few hundred dollars extra for better quality service, and time management. <:(
********************************************************************
Really did not feel like leaving Singapore. I had so much fun there! Why does fun times got to fly us by so quickly??
Really thank Amelia for coming all the way to send me off.... :)
And of course, Daddy and Mommy, whom I will miss terribly...
Hopefully my next visit wouldn't exceed a year later!

My last dinner in Singapore - Hainanese chicken rice @ T3 foodcourt


My parents, and Amelia, who has came to sent me off.
I will subsequently try to update all the happenings in Singapore... Didn't get a lot of time to do them when I was in Singapore. Stay tuned! :)
Comments