The Laundromat Experience in Autumn

Never in my life have I needed to use a laundromat until yesterday. Yes, I have ever accompanied friends to the laundromat whilst they did their laundry, however, I've never really used them myself until yesterday afternoon. I was so tempted to blog about my 'new' 'experience' yesterday, but then I let the temptations slip by with a movie "The Rock" (an exciting action movie by Sean Connelly and Nicholas Cage) showing on TV and waited 'til today to blog.

The feeling of disgust just seized me and I thought, "These bedsheets and quilt covers REALLY needs to be washed already!" But, there is no where to hang my laundry after I washed them! The only other option?? It will be to take a 3 minutes trip to the laundromat and dry them.

Honestly, I am never a fan of laundromats. Why do we have to spend money on washing our clothes when we can easily invest in a washing machine and a couple of clothes rack to hang our laundry? Check these out:

Photobucket

Photobucket
And dammit... why do they ONLY take $1 coins??

If I were to use the washing machine and dryers once a week, how much must I invest for the laundromat? AUD$3.20 per wash + AUD$3 for 24 minutes drying (usually takes at least 20 minutes to fully dry all the clothes) will be AUD$6.20 . It's not a terribly big sum, to be honest, but then I really think it's unnecessary money. In a month, I will spend $6.20x4 = $24.80 on laundry alone. In a year I will spend $24.80x12 = $297.60 - I can get a good second-hand washing machine with that price! I can easily use my own washing machine and hang it up to dry.

I wouldn't say the same for dry cleaning services, which serves a totally different purpose altogether. But honestly, I'd rather self-clean my normal laundry and save some money.

So what do I do whilst waiting for my laundry to dry? Read a book is the best time killer~

Photobucket

I'm currently reading "Alice in La La Land" by Sophie Lee, an Australian (NSW) author. I'll review it after I'm finished with it... Just halfway through at the moment.

*************************************************************

Finally, the heat's over, and Autumn's here. The weather these days have turned so chilly that I regret leaving most of my warm clothes back in my old home where most of my things still stores. Looks like I've got to make another trip back to get more things. I've just been back on Monday to get my quilt (my blanket's not warm enough!) and some (more) clothes, plus some left-over shampoos and Listerine that I did not bring along with me. I regret not bringing along my portable heater and more warm clothes with me during the trip, but I've already got enough things to carry and I have to take public transport. Either way, I welcome the cold with open arms... Really didn't fancy the heat, and the biggest turnoffs would be the flies, cockroaches, ants and spiders that just swamp in during the summer.

Today's weather was atrocious! It kept raining non-stop. Despite I rejoice for Australia to finally have this downpour (Australia's so dry... she need LOTS and LOTS of rainfall!), but then for people who needs to go out like me, it is so damn miserable! The tram was delayed cuz of the weather, thus I was late for work. And the wind's really chilly too... We're now all accustomed to the summer weather that this sudden change still needs some time to be adapted. However, I wasn't feeling so cold after bumping into Suya on my way back, and we decided to meet up with Yongshan for dinner at an Indian restaurant (Flora, off Flinders Street) and had a good chat again.

Autumn has got to be my favorite season of all. Spring used to my favorite because flowers will bloom and it signifies the end of the cold and welcomes warmth, sunshine, life and happiness... but then it only leads to the dreaded summer. I admit Autumn is gloomy and miserable. Trees start to bald and the leaves wither. Animals hibernate. Little creatures hide away (and in this case for me, STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU INSECTS!!!! BUGGER OFF!!!). And the only thing it leads to is rain/snow, and the cold blistering winter lies ahead. People usually do not like winter because they can't hit the beach and have lots of fun. The days are shorter. Sun sets at 5pm... who likes that? That's the only thing I do not like about winter - early sunset. Other than that, it is perfect for me. Having grown up in a hot tropical country, I prefer to experience the cold rather than the heat.

And I think daylight savings end in the first week of April... Then the distance between Melbourne and Singapore will be closer with just 2 hours difference. Fantastic!

It's still raining as I am blogging this... and I think rain will continue to fall in the next few days, with the highest temperatures not exceeding 21 degrees. Nice~ However, nights are cold, like now, and I am wrapped in my warm quilt, getting ready for bed. In fact, I am going to go to sleep now. With a weather like this, I believe I can really have a good night's sleep.

Signing off now~ and Good night!

Comments

darling, i was considering celebrating our birthday 2gether... I feel so depressed and a breather at the same time...
if i do come over to melbourne ok? izzit a gd idea?
Clarice said…
of cuz u're welcome! but then, i can't promise u an accommodation now that i'm staying with him... but other than that, u're more than welcome to come visit! :)

Popular Posts