Horton Hears a Who?
Just caught the animation "Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who?" in the cinemas, and I loved it! The story is about this elephant, Horton (Jim Carey), discovering that there's life living in a speck of dust, in which lived a population governed by mayor of Whoville (the name of the town living in the speck, voiced by Steve Carrel), and trying to protect the dust to safety despite that no one believed him, especially the bossy kangaroo who is determined to destroy the speck of dust to protect the 'children' from this 'crazy' elephant.

Bring out the child in me -- I simply love animations! Guess what, I caught it alone again. No one I knows here likes animations like I do. So I didn't bother asking if anyone was interested to catch the movie with me to avoid being called a 'kiddish' person watching a 'kiddish' movie. Actually I've grown used to catching movies all by myself. There isn't a big difference between watching movies alone VS with friends. You can't really talk in the movies anyway. Perhaps the atmosphere will be different, but I think I like both atmospheres in a different way.
I was supposed to go Great Ocean Road today, but in the end, I can't go. A car can only fit 5 people, and the group who was going suddenly had one additional person who came for holiday from Singapore and therefore I got to be 'eliminated'. Anyway, I've already been there for 3 times before, so it doesn't make a difference to me. However, I felt so disappointed I can't go, and there's someone who doesn't appreciate that. I wanted so badly to go on a trip with him, but instead, he thought that I am being too 'whiny' when something has already been set and can't be changed. He can't understand why I feel this way. Even when he returned home from the trip, he didn't even bother telling me anything about the trip. Oh bother... he went with a bunch of girls, probably more beautiful and a whole lot more fun than me. So why would he bother with the dull me?
I've got to do what I said I got to do in my previous post. I get so exasperated that I can't share some nice memories with him, and for that I feel really disappointed. However, I can't voice out these feelings to him because I know it means nothing to him. When is the next time we can go on a trip together? I have no idea. And I got to get over that dreaded feeling that it's gonna probably be never again... He's always working, and he's leaving soon... His nice traveling memories revolves around other people, and for me, I will diminish into the back of his mind before he knows that he has fallen out of love (if that actually exists) with me. So should I shriek and wail at this point? *Shrugs*
Why can't I just be the person that can wave issues of my heart away with just a flap of my hand, and then I'll be OK? I need to be cool, not act as if I'm cool. From now on, I need to look at things with an open heart, and tell myself that nothing's more important than my immediate future, and everything is just a speck of dust comparatively, especially issues pertaining to relationships.
Then I realized something that I should have known long ago - I am not someone suited to be in a relationship. Singlehood seems to suit me more, because either way, I am still alone doing everything by myself. I cannot handle emotions when it has something to do with the person I care for the most (excluding my family and close friends). I realized that I love him so much that now I wonder if I've actually loved him at all (if that made sense).
Right now, I just want to go somewhere else, to a place I know no one, and I can sit down in a cafe drinking my cappuccino reading a book, and watching the cars pass by. Talk about starting anew... And I need not fear I'd be recognised by someone (unlike when I'm in Melbourne... I keep bumping into people I know). Perhaps then, I can stop thinking about him so much, and get on with my life. Whether or not we are still together, I believe that's up to fate to decide.
Or I'm just like Horton, trying so hard to protect a speck of dust, but in my case, I am not even sure if there is any life on it -- aka the HOPELESS nut case. That's what I am. *grunts*

Bring out the child in me -- I simply love animations! Guess what, I caught it alone again. No one I knows here likes animations like I do. So I didn't bother asking if anyone was interested to catch the movie with me to avoid being called a 'kiddish' person watching a 'kiddish' movie. Actually I've grown used to catching movies all by myself. There isn't a big difference between watching movies alone VS with friends. You can't really talk in the movies anyway. Perhaps the atmosphere will be different, but I think I like both atmospheres in a different way.
I was supposed to go Great Ocean Road today, but in the end, I can't go. A car can only fit 5 people, and the group who was going suddenly had one additional person who came for holiday from Singapore and therefore I got to be 'eliminated'. Anyway, I've already been there for 3 times before, so it doesn't make a difference to me. However, I felt so disappointed I can't go, and there's someone who doesn't appreciate that. I wanted so badly to go on a trip with him, but instead, he thought that I am being too 'whiny' when something has already been set and can't be changed. He can't understand why I feel this way. Even when he returned home from the trip, he didn't even bother telling me anything about the trip. Oh bother... he went with a bunch of girls, probably more beautiful and a whole lot more fun than me. So why would he bother with the dull me?
I've got to do what I said I got to do in my previous post. I get so exasperated that I can't share some nice memories with him, and for that I feel really disappointed. However, I can't voice out these feelings to him because I know it means nothing to him. When is the next time we can go on a trip together? I have no idea. And I got to get over that dreaded feeling that it's gonna probably be never again... He's always working, and he's leaving soon... His nice traveling memories revolves around other people, and for me, I will diminish into the back of his mind before he knows that he has fallen out of love (if that actually exists) with me. So should I shriek and wail at this point? *Shrugs*
Why can't I just be the person that can wave issues of my heart away with just a flap of my hand, and then I'll be OK? I need to be cool, not act as if I'm cool. From now on, I need to look at things with an open heart, and tell myself that nothing's more important than my immediate future, and everything is just a speck of dust comparatively, especially issues pertaining to relationships.
Then I realized something that I should have known long ago - I am not someone suited to be in a relationship. Singlehood seems to suit me more, because either way, I am still alone doing everything by myself. I cannot handle emotions when it has something to do with the person I care for the most (excluding my family and close friends). I realized that I love him so much that now I wonder if I've actually loved him at all (if that made sense).
Right now, I just want to go somewhere else, to a place I know no one, and I can sit down in a cafe drinking my cappuccino reading a book, and watching the cars pass by. Talk about starting anew... And I need not fear I'd be recognised by someone (unlike when I'm in Melbourne... I keep bumping into people I know). Perhaps then, I can stop thinking about him so much, and get on with my life. Whether or not we are still together, I believe that's up to fate to decide.
Or I'm just like Horton, trying so hard to protect a speck of dust, but in my case, I am not even sure if there is any life on it -- aka the HOPELESS nut case. That's what I am. *grunts*
Comments
I feel worst than you anyway...