Chris' 2 Dozens
Last night was our good friend, Chris', 2 dozens.... Muahaha... Finally it is his turn to be 24, and same age as me! But only for 2 months before I become (as usual) older than him by that 1 year. Damn... I hate being called "jie jie" sometimes! Anyway, it was an impromptu celebration with no plans beforehand. I called him out for dinner, and he always complies to outings with me. See how honoured I am! Lol... We shared a platter of sushi and sashimi, as well as tonkatsu ramen with miso base. The restaurant was further up Bourke Street, near Exhibitions Street, called 北海道 千味拉面 but I don't know if there is an English name or I might have missed it. Either way, the food there was pretty authentic. The sashimi were fresh. Both Chris and I have background working in Japanese restaurants (and the same restaurant too!) therefore we can more or less tell the difference between a better quality one, and a lousy one. After which, I got a cake from Michel's and we went over to Yongshan and Suya's place to cut the cake and sang him a birthday song. It was wonderful catching up with the 2 sisters again, having not met for almost 2 months. The usual 4 of us who always gather for cooking sessions are back again! :) We chatted about life, about jobs and employment, about wanting to earn lots of money to lead a better life..... Everyone's worried about their careers, their futures and getting enough money to pay rent and daily stuff. Life overseas is always tougher than being at home. We got to worry for everything and we only have ourselves to depend on. Friends' love and support is always heart-warming and appreciated, but then the extent that they are able to help and console is somehow limited.
Anyway, we didn't stay too late that night 'cuz both Chris and I need to work today. But I believe he enjoyed his birthday. None of us got him a gift, but then his biggest gift will be FINALLY finding an engineering casual job that asks him to work 3 days a week, starting yesterday, and thereby settling his no-income worries. CONGRATS!

The sashimi platter we ordered...

The birthday boy...

Why do I always look so darn sleepy after work????? I can hardly even open my eyes for this photo!

Blackforest cheesecake that I bought for Chris...

He insisted he just wants 3 candles. Anything but ALL of the 24 candles in the pack I bought. Lol... Oh well... as he wishes...

Cutting the cake... or posing?

Now THIS is POSING. And a weird one it is!

Me and the birthday boy... Now what am I hiding from???

Yongshan and Chris

Suya and Chris

Me and Suya

Me and Yongshan
And we had one pic of us 4 together, but it is in Suya's camera.... So I'm awaiting that, and along with other much better-quality photos than these from my mobile phone.
I've made the biggest decision in my life to continue staying at Ed's place instead of moving out to stay with Sha... One reason for that is because my whereabouts in the future is still a question mark. I might stay in Melbourne, I might leave. If I leave, I might leave in a couple of months, I might not leave 'til God-knows-when... It is definitely difficult to find a place like this because most houses-for-rent requires a one year contract. On top of that, staying with him means both of us can save more money - him paying less rent helps in his current financial situation... and I definitely pay much less than if I were to move out. That's how I came to the conclusion to stay instead.
Hopefully things will go smoothly. I just have to learn to ignore and endure, and then there will be more peace and harmony between the 2 of us. *Fingers crossed*
Anyway, we didn't stay too late that night 'cuz both Chris and I need to work today. But I believe he enjoyed his birthday. None of us got him a gift, but then his biggest gift will be FINALLY finding an engineering casual job that asks him to work 3 days a week, starting yesterday, and thereby settling his no-income worries. CONGRATS!

The sashimi platter we ordered...

The birthday boy...

Why do I always look so darn sleepy after work????? I can hardly even open my eyes for this photo!

Blackforest cheesecake that I bought for Chris...

He insisted he just wants 3 candles. Anything but ALL of the 24 candles in the pack I bought. Lol... Oh well... as he wishes...

Cutting the cake... or posing?

Now THIS is POSING. And a weird one it is!

Me and the birthday boy... Now what am I hiding from???

Yongshan and Chris

Suya and Chris

Me and Suya

Me and Yongshan
And we had one pic of us 4 together, but it is in Suya's camera.... So I'm awaiting that, and along with other much better-quality photos than these from my mobile phone.
I've made the biggest decision in my life to continue staying at Ed's place instead of moving out to stay with Sha... One reason for that is because my whereabouts in the future is still a question mark. I might stay in Melbourne, I might leave. If I leave, I might leave in a couple of months, I might not leave 'til God-knows-when... It is definitely difficult to find a place like this because most houses-for-rent requires a one year contract. On top of that, staying with him means both of us can save more money - him paying less rent helps in his current financial situation... and I definitely pay much less than if I were to move out. That's how I came to the conclusion to stay instead.
Hopefully things will go smoothly. I just have to learn to ignore and endure, and then there will be more peace and harmony between the 2 of us. *Fingers crossed*
Comments