Saying goodbyes

Today is my possible last day of work, as a very 'fantastic' management of my company did not even inform before that I will only be helping for 2 weeks after Rachel has taken her one-month holiday to Canada, and that Meagan will be back next week to continue the work. Honestly, people who hold high positions, who strives to look all-so-important and knowledgeable, not even know the basics of 'respect'. I really love this bubbly and friendly girl Meagan, but then, her sister is the manager whom no one likes much. You feel so INTIMIDATED when she talks to you! And I am not the only one who says that~

They said they will still call me when they need help, but then, I roughly know how much 'help' is really needed. What needs to be cleared has been cleared. What's left can be managed by full-timers. Anyway, I can't fret. My job was supposed to have ended 2 months ago, but I was asked to stay so much more extra time with them. I should be satisfied... I was employed as a Christmas Casual, not a normal casual or part-timer. Moreover, it's time to move on and get a new job.

I've never developed any close ties with people from the upper management, not because I don't want to, or I didn't have the opportunity to. They distanced themselves and built an invisible wall that separates us clearly apart on who is the 'top' and who are just 'mere subordinates'. I believe that this happens in most organizations. It appears that when we DO talk, it's just the basics 'Hi, how are you?' and some other 'on-the-surface' kind of talk. We never engage in conversations like how I did with some colleagues of mine. Even if we do talk to them as if we are 'engaged' in a topic, it's always work-related. Some of those who climbed the organizational ladder became so aloof, rude and intimidating. Basic manners were discarded, and they are always taking legitimate 'ciggie-breaks' and coming back to the office smelling like they've just chomped down 10 packs of tobacco. Awful. If the people I usually work with are not 'normal' like me, I would have gone insane if I report directly to any of those from the 'top'.

Anyway, before I left, I realised that I haven't took a picture with Nektaria, my Greek colleague, whom I am pretty close to. She is the other allocator in the Gold department, and I work with her too. She's just got married recently and had her honeymoon in Thailand. I always thought she is a very pretty young lady, just a year older than I am. And she's a nice person too! Easy to talk to and get along with.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'll miss some of them if I do not go back again... Nektaria, Maria, Rachel, Nancy, Meagan, Silvana (watch repairs department), Angela (case room) and Lola (markers).... they treated me really well during my stay at Bevilles.

************************************

And say goodbye to my frizzy, dry, damaged and thick thick messy and unruly hair!
I've finally decided to straighten it, chemically.
The Korean process is kinda different from those that I'm used to in Singapore. But I think it's less damaging to the hair. Despite that my Korean 3 classes were canceled, I was able to continue some conversation in Korean with my hairdresser, Eugene. He teaches me some new words every now and then as well so I learn a little while getting my hair done. The end result? I think it's so-so, given my very ordinary chubby face with a sickly look and no makeup, but the hair is nicer than the previous messy one...

Photobucket
Photobucket

It's unbelievably boring staying over at his place... I've been watching heap lots of TV... Especially movies... Been watching "Someone like you" (by Ashley Judd and Hugh Jackman), "Austin Powers in Goldmember" (Mike Myers and Beyonce Knowles), "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" (by Arnold Schwarzenneger), "Face Off" (Nicholas Cage and John Travolta), "National Treasure" (by Nicholas Cage, Diane Kruger), "What Lies Beneath" (by Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford) etc etc etc.... I watch whatever's showing on TV. lol...

The long Easter break is here... Holidays start from Good Friday, then Saturday, Easter Sunday and then Monday. Nice~ However, it doesn't make a difference to me anymore since I'm not working anymore. Tentatively.

Anyway, Happy Easter Holidays, folks!

Comments

Yeah, enjoy ur easter while I wait in judgement day...
Haiz...

Popular Posts