I Can't Write

It was that day, when my boss commented that I write like a 5-year-old (in a jokingly manner), that I recalled when I was young, my mother always tried to emphasize to me that it is important I write properly and nicely. However, I have never developed a habit to perfect my handwriting. I tend to scribble a lot more than I write. If I have to write for an exam, I will write legibly. My words can appear neat, but they do not look nice. Mostly, I write messily.

I try my best to avoid writing on the Chef's Special boards. I always delegate this task to someone else. We have 2 boards in the restaurant. The first one in the front section needs a ladder in order to reach it. Everyone knows I am terrified of ladders. I tried my best to conquer my fear and maintain my balance, but somehow, when I write on that board standing on the ladder, I still have this queasy feeling and it affects how I write.

The one at the back section is easier, and can be reached standing on a chair. But writing on chalk/white boards seems so unnatural to me, knowing that these boards are going to be displayed for customers to see. I try to write neatly and nicely, but my words turn out to be weird looking. Honestly, they do look like 5 year old writing. Just look at this:

Photobucket

I never write like this. And my handwriting does not look like this even when I write neatly on paper. I did not take a photo of how ridiculous my handwriting looked when I tried to write the board on the ladder. I always look at the boards after I have c0mpleted them, with awe.

Perhaps kids write better than I do?

Comments

Popular Posts