It's either another sum, or go home....
OR perhaps a miracle.... which I doubt will happen.
2 weeks ago, I don't think I have done well in my IELTS test. I was totally battled when I got there, and couldn't even concentrate.... Missed a couple of listening questions.... And the writing topic was: DANGEROUS SPORTS. I know nuts about sports in general, least to say, dangerous ones! Bullshitted the entire way.... I am usually ever so confident about my writing, but I know, this time round I won't be able to write a good essay.... And it's already so close to my TR visa's due date, I don't know if I will ever have time to get my PR now...
Called my agent in despair and he told me that the only option for me now is to pass my IELTS test.... Australia has tightened their immigrations rule, and by July 2010, new rules will be passed down, and it will only be tougher for me to stay. The only option for me to stay longer in Australia, is to study. Go back being a student and apply for a student visa. I haven't got the chance to talk further since he was attending to another client when he spoke to me, so later, I will go down personally to ask him a few questions.
I am not sure either, if I will have to go with another masters degree, or a postgraduate diploma.... I looked through the Monash website, and found only one course that is suitable at the moment - Postgraduate diploma in International Relations. I wanted to opt for Journalism courses, but most of them do not have mid-year intakes... Furthermore, postgraduate courses are cheaper than taking up another Masters. Read through International Relations and it seems interesting enough. At least I do like anything pertaining to foreign affairs and world issues. It possibly could help me in a journalism career in the future too, indirectly.
These issues have been bothering me the whole time since I am back. I am trying to weigh which option is best for me, but I haven't got a clue yet. On one side, Mum and Dad are preaching me to stay here. As much as I know I shouldn't follow what they want but instead should concentrate on what I want, I still waiver. Maybe I don't even know what I want....? Part of me wants to stay because I value my freedom here. Life is indeed more comfortable here, and money is good too, but it is too boring for me. The other part of me wants to go back.... I am alarmed and very worried with my mom's health.... But she insisted I must not be back cuz I wouldn't be able to help much. Knowing my mum's eccentric habits and past experiences living with her, I know she has her point, and no one will ever understand why I cannot even go back to accompany my mom (every household has their own stories/difficulties)....
Struggles make me unable to sleep. It is pointless to even think about a career now since I couldn't even settle my PR issues... I am still slaving in a blue-collared job, and I am already 27... What is the point then? What is my future like then??
What makes things worse, is he hasn't even called ever since my birthday... We haven't had a proper talk for more than 2 weeks already. It was just like before, no SMS, no calls. Everything seems so familiar... Maybe it's his new job? I don't even know when he's starting... Amidst all these struggles, I wanted to seek his advice, but he did not call.... And I don't want to call him cuz part of me felt like giving him up as well.... for his own sake. I am not getting anywhere, and I don't think I should be making someone wait a worthless wait... He is not young either, and if there is anything/anyone he wants to pursue, I shouldn't be the obstruction.... What can he get with me? Just a hopeless pack with more disappointments...
I will have to borrow money from my parents again, should I have to choose studying as an option.... I feel fucking bad.... I'm 27, working, but I cannot afford my fees and need my parents to pay for me....
Why is it that when one thing falls, everything comes tumbling down??? Can life be any more difficult than it already is??
2 weeks ago, I don't think I have done well in my IELTS test. I was totally battled when I got there, and couldn't even concentrate.... Missed a couple of listening questions.... And the writing topic was: DANGEROUS SPORTS. I know nuts about sports in general, least to say, dangerous ones! Bullshitted the entire way.... I am usually ever so confident about my writing, but I know, this time round I won't be able to write a good essay.... And it's already so close to my TR visa's due date, I don't know if I will ever have time to get my PR now...
Called my agent in despair and he told me that the only option for me now is to pass my IELTS test.... Australia has tightened their immigrations rule, and by July 2010, new rules will be passed down, and it will only be tougher for me to stay. The only option for me to stay longer in Australia, is to study. Go back being a student and apply for a student visa. I haven't got the chance to talk further since he was attending to another client when he spoke to me, so later, I will go down personally to ask him a few questions.
I am not sure either, if I will have to go with another masters degree, or a postgraduate diploma.... I looked through the Monash website, and found only one course that is suitable at the moment - Postgraduate diploma in International Relations. I wanted to opt for Journalism courses, but most of them do not have mid-year intakes... Furthermore, postgraduate courses are cheaper than taking up another Masters. Read through International Relations and it seems interesting enough. At least I do like anything pertaining to foreign affairs and world issues. It possibly could help me in a journalism career in the future too, indirectly.
These issues have been bothering me the whole time since I am back. I am trying to weigh which option is best for me, but I haven't got a clue yet. On one side, Mum and Dad are preaching me to stay here. As much as I know I shouldn't follow what they want but instead should concentrate on what I want, I still waiver. Maybe I don't even know what I want....? Part of me wants to stay because I value my freedom here. Life is indeed more comfortable here, and money is good too, but it is too boring for me. The other part of me wants to go back.... I am alarmed and very worried with my mom's health.... But she insisted I must not be back cuz I wouldn't be able to help much. Knowing my mum's eccentric habits and past experiences living with her, I know she has her point, and no one will ever understand why I cannot even go back to accompany my mom (every household has their own stories/difficulties)....
Struggles make me unable to sleep. It is pointless to even think about a career now since I couldn't even settle my PR issues... I am still slaving in a blue-collared job, and I am already 27... What is the point then? What is my future like then??
What makes things worse, is he hasn't even called ever since my birthday... We haven't had a proper talk for more than 2 weeks already. It was just like before, no SMS, no calls. Everything seems so familiar... Maybe it's his new job? I don't even know when he's starting... Amidst all these struggles, I wanted to seek his advice, but he did not call.... And I don't want to call him cuz part of me felt like giving him up as well.... for his own sake. I am not getting anywhere, and I don't think I should be making someone wait a worthless wait... He is not young either, and if there is anything/anyone he wants to pursue, I shouldn't be the obstruction.... What can he get with me? Just a hopeless pack with more disappointments...
I will have to borrow money from my parents again, should I have to choose studying as an option.... I feel fucking bad.... I'm 27, working, but I cannot afford my fees and need my parents to pay for me....
Why is it that when one thing falls, everything comes tumbling down??? Can life be any more difficult than it already is??
Comments