A Day to Myself

Finally... A day that I don't have to attend to any commitments - work, classes or any other formal/compulsory/worrying events... It is a day I can do whatever I pleased, and spend it however I like. That day when I got this lucky was the Saturday that has just passed us by.... the 15th May.

In the morning I couldn't wake up as usual, and then had a massive headache deciding on what to wear. On days I need to go to Sozai, I don't have to even think for a second on what to wear. I will simply pull out (blindly) anything and then throw on jeans and jacket, and off I go. However, since I have been wearing like a slop all the time, for once I wanted to dress up a bit when I get to go out. Having not worn a skirt/dress for a long time, I felt pretty unnatural wearing a dress.... Tried on several dresses/skirts and felt like a 'sissy' instead. LOL... (I am too used to jeans/shorts where I can disregard POSTURE). In the end, after much 'internal turmoil', I settled for a (of all things) simple and plain top, a pair of jeans, nice new shoes I got in SG and a nice scarf. Bleah... after all the effort trying and eliminating attires, and making myself late for 30 minutes, I still look like a plain, sloppish Jane~ -_-;;;

Met Eva, Alvin and Zoe at Federation Square. It was Buddha's Day, and Fo Guang Shan was holding an event there where activities, food stalls, cultural exchanges, performances and other fun stuff were at. The entire square and along Yarra River had things to see and do. Many Taiwanese delights, as well as South-East Asian delights too. Most people there appeared to be Taiwanese, and Eva knows a few of them because she does go to the Fo Guan Shan temple here every now and then to pray. There were also heaps of Singaporean/Malaysians from the way they spoke English. Other people include Thai, Indians and many curious Australians.

I enjoyed sand painting with Zoe and Eva. In fact, it was only Eva and I enjoying ourselves with the sand painting, whereas Zoe was busy doodling around and getting reprimanded when she tried to mix the different sand colours together (and making a huge mess).


Photobucket
We painted this cute little Buddha, with a touch of our 'artistic' edge - yellow + blue face. Hahaha...

Zoe is now 2 years and 2 months, and besides being able to recognise me straightaway, she knows how to address me as well. She calls me "cong cong a-yi" (cuz my Chinese name as a 'Cong' and I got her a caterpillar soft toy before, and that's another 'cong') and she stuck to me like glue the whole time I was present. Gotta love her! I don't know why I love this little cheeky girl so much since she is not my daughter.... She is a handful, but she makes you so happy when you see her...

We hang out at Max Brenner for a cuppa before the family of three left for home at around 5pm. I still had another 1.5 hours to my next program, therefore I did some shopping (even though my feet were hurting). However, after having been to HK, Korea and SG, I couldn't find anything nice enough here... And even if they are nice, they are not halfway as cheap! Didn't get anything in the end, except to get 3 pairs of black socks for work. Either way, I met Yongshan and Shu Yea afterwards at 6.30pm and we made our way to Han Guuk Kwan for some Korean dinner. Afterwards, we hung out at Cafe Giraffe, and we pre-celebrated Shu Yea's 28th birthday there.

Shu Yea's birthday is actually on the 16th (Sunday), but I thought since I am meeting them a day earlier, I might as well help her celebrate. So I got her a blackforest cake from Maxim. Turned out, I've got the same cake, from the same place, on the same day as Yongshan! We were thrilled with this fact, since it is Shu Yea's first time encountering such a coincidence as well. Furthermore, she has also celebrated her previous birthdays at Han Guuk Kwan for the past 2 years... In other words, this is the THIRD consecutive year she had her birthday dinner there. LOL.... It was quite funny to learn these facts...

Cafe Giraffe was a great place to chill! Love their ambience, and they make fantastic food and drinks too. However, they have to charge us $2 per person for cutting a cake that we bought ourselves because they actually specialise in desserts, and is not a so-called 'restaurant' where it usually doesn't matter if you bring your own cake. There was no way we can argue about it, and since it is for a birthday, we just paid $6 total. The most important thing is that we had fun...

Photobucket

... which we did.
I believe Shu Yea enjoyed herself a lot. And we took lots of photos too.

And there goes my Saturday.... Fun times go by so quickly. Sunday was back to work for both lunch and dinner. However I didn't do very well today. Made a couple of mistakes. I realized that I haven't performed to my usual capabilities. Even my coffee looked bad. I hadn't want to go to work at all cuz I was really tired, and my throat is starting to hurt a little from God-knows-what reason. Maybe ate too much heaty food? *shrugs* I felt like I was floating at work the entire day. Wanted nothing but to go home and snuggle up in my warm blanket.


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


Last week, I have changed the layout for my other food blog "Chubzzy's Taste Buds" and did a few updates. Probably the whole thing still looks quite bare, and I am still figuring my way on the best way to approach writing up a food blog, but I promise I will be back with more soon. In the meantime, do go and have a look, and leave a shout out~ All recommendations, suggestions and feedbacks are welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts