Atrocity at its best!

How useless can I get? Now, I will not be able to obtain a PR to stay in Australia, and I am actually feeling kinda sad (surprisingly).

I was so pissed off with my IELTS results. As usual, the same component failed me. Even though I knew I probably wouldn't do well this time round, but after I have seen my results, I couldn't believe my eyes...

Listening: 7.5 (well I admit I missed 2-3 questions cuz I lost concentration)
Writing: 8.0 (I wasn't expecting 8pts! I wasn't even sure how to write the topic! Was pleasantly surprised)
Speaking: 9.0 (I knew I did well here... even ended up chatting with the invigilator)

And then....

Reading: 6.5

I was almost wailing in the RMIT office! I WAS SO CLOSE!!!!!! I mean, obtaining 7 points in all 4 components is what that is essential to get a PR! My overall grade is 8.0, but Australia has made things so difficult by requesting all candidates obtaining 7.0 in EVERY SINGLE COMPONENT before PR application. But I did so well for all the other components, EXCEPT reading... And it's only HALF A MARK! I am really internally crying... I am in denial - my english is NOT THAT BAD! Even my local friends told me that my english is actually really good! But WHY!?!

Of course, you can say it is my fault for not going for more tests within this 18 months of TR period to obtain a PR. But then, I really cannot stand this test.... I don't think my English is that lousy at all! I don't think I need to sit the test any more than ONCE! But every time I take the test there is always this one component I cannot pass (however my average is always more than 7.0). And the thing about the reading component is, it is difficult to appeal and ask for re-mark because the chance of moving up a grade is MINIMAL as the answers are all fixed. In other words, there is only ONE RIGHT ANSWER - if you are wrong, you are wrong. There is no way of arguing your way out.

Yesterday was such a horrid day. After the test results were released, I felt so lost. I trailed from RMIT to Melbourne Central, sat down and vented at Amelia (thanks gal!); then boarded the train and the bus to Monash Clayton; called Daddy to vent there, and then enrolled in another IELTS test there (on the 26/6 but results will be out only on the day I am supposed to leave AU, so not sure if it's gonna work this way). Afterwards took the bus to Chadstone and shopped with no mood (but not feeling any better afterwards). I was literally wandering with no spirits in the shopping mall. Went home at about 6pm and vented at Rich. Then vented out by (read this) COOKING. I haven't cooked in months.... Downed glasses of bourbon (thanks Rich for sponsoring more bourbon!) but not half drunk. I wanted to call him to vent, but in the end I didn't. It has all gone back to the same old story and I don't think I want to make myself feel lousier than I already am. I can't even sleep well with all these going ons.
Perhaps I am wrong to even believe in his words (again) in the first place.......

Peeps reading this: I may be back home in Singapore sooner than I thought. Perhaps this year (July), if not, next year (if I choose to study). I feel that it's not time to go back yet.... Even though eventually I want to get back, but it's not NOW NOW NOW....

I imagine how disappointed my mom would be if she knows this.... I haven't got the guts to tell her personally, but I guess my dad must have contacted her regarding this.....

Comments

Popular Posts