Travel Plans..... ONCE AGAIN

Yes, I want to travel again, hopefully soon..... I am missing my holidays, and work is so sore that I have set my mind to plan something sometime in August/September, for about 2.5 weeks.

My tentative plans are:

Option 1:
Melbourne --> Tokyo --> Seoul --> Melbourne
This is my preferred option, however, traveling direct from Melbourne to Seoul costs at least AUD$1200 extra than other options. So expensive! Therefore I came up with option 2.

Option 2:
Melbourne --> Seoul --> Tokyo --> Melbourne
I can save up to $1200 by flying straight to Seoul first with Korean Air.
However, I have a problem: My Korean classes doesn't end til late July. Meaning I cannot travel til August. My friend will only be in Japan from late June and possibly the whole of July. So if she's not there there's no point I visit Japan now since accommodation is expensive, and it will be great if there is a friend around. Most of my Japanese friends are in Melbourne (just like most of my Korean friends are in Melbourne too)

Option 3:
Melbourne --> Beijing --> Seoul --> Melbourne
I will definitely have friends in Beijing, therefore I can save on accommodation. I don't think I will have to spend a lot in Beijing, as I probably will not buy much there (will save up for shopping in Korea!)

Option 4:
Melbourne --> Doha --> Dubai --> (Seoul) --> Melbourne
I want to visit Doha! I really love this option, but it will be a more expensive trip, and will definitely take more than 2.5 weeks. Whether it's feasible or not I will need to see what my Dad says. If I take this option, I MAY or MAY NOT go to Korea, because to include Korea, it will cost me 4.5K instead of 2.4K. A BIG difference!
Anyhow, this option is definitely more expensive. So I am pondering...

Option 5:
Melbourne --> Auckland/Wellington --> Melbourne
This could be a possible option as well since it's nearer to Melbourne, and cheaper as well. However, I hope to use this option together with another option listed, just travel at a different time (probably November/December).

Option 6:
Melbourne --> Taiwan (Taipei/Kaohsiung) --> Seoul -- Melbourne
My last option will be this one, however, I am not sure if I should just go without my Mum. I mean, with my Mum around, I feel much better to stay with my relatives, since obviously she is closer to them than I am.

As you might already have realized, with either plan, I am definitely going to go back to Korea. I miss that place tremendously, and am dying to go back. And this time I will explore Busan and whatever else I left out in Seoul during my last trip. Most likely I will fly by Beijing, and look for my good friend there too. I mean, unless my friend is going to be in Japan in August, I don't foresee myself skipping any classes to travel.... Though I really wanted to visit Japan too..... But probably that will have to wait... As for Doha and Dubai, there is a possibility. I will be really thrilled if everything ends up as option 4.

I will book my tickets when I can come up with more solid plans... And of course, to make sure that financially I can afford one more short trip. That's why I am slaving so much now, and going out a lot less, cuz I only have one job at the moment, and money is much tighter than before.

In any case I cannot travel, it will have to be a good reason - I found myself a full-time job. Or I screwed up my PR application (hell, NO!) and will be kicked back to Singapore for good... If not, I will surely be traveling.

Actually I have already made up my mind before that 2010 will be a year of traveling and working part-time. Though that is not a concrete plan since I do understand it is important that I do my PR application and get myself a job, however, I have foreseen that without my PR (topped with zero relevant experience), it will be a big challenge for me to nab that job. Therefore I have set myself traveling plans since I am dying to travel, and haven't actually travelled for such a long time prior to my last trip... Unless God decides to suddenly grant me a fantastic future with a fantastic cash inflow, I hope to fulfill my wishes....

Will post about my final decision. Meanwhile, feel free to suggest anything you know about itineraries and the most 'pocket-friendly' travels to any of those countries I've listed above.

Comments

Popular Posts