Emo- Moment

Last night, something bizarre happened to me. So bizarre that I can't even believe it myself...

I was at work. Then suddenly I felt so emotional, I started crying out of no- where.

I had NO reason whatsoever. There was no warning. It just came so sudden that I felt so surprised myself too... And the dreadful thing is, when I realized I was crying, I couldn't manage to stop myself.

In the end, I got to feign that I'm in pain. Or in detail (to girls) I have PERIOD pain.... I was SO PAINFUL that I TEARED.... However my period has actually started a few days ago. I got myself hot water and slid out of the back door and rested for 5 minutes in the cold. However, the damage was done. My eyes were so red I got to refrain from serving.

When I eventually calmed down I felt so embarrassed with what happened to me. My colleagues asked me to leave early to rest, but I refused. I felt bad. And inside myself I was struggling to find an answer to reason with my outburst.

In the end, the nearest answer I could come to was: STRESS.

I am bottled down with stress, true. But then again, I am always so stressed when I'm this packed with work (with no rest), but I have never cried so suddenly before. And worse still, I've never cried in public before!

Weird.

The day finally ended with a happy ending - we went for supper again afterwards at Westlake in Chinatown. Still the usual 4 of us - Yiyi, Kylie and Clayton, and myself. Everyone thought I had period pains. Therefore, I wasn't allowed ice-cream after that.... :\

Comments

Unknown said…
*hugs* don't worry. we all have our stressful and teary eyed moments =)
oh gosh... the tears I cried at work was when I was wrongly accused of some stuff and yet I can't defend myself...
Ok... let's just presume you had a episode of hormones running wild that made you emo...
Clarice said…
i also wonder what's up with me..... seriously.... *shrugs*

Popular Posts