꽃보다 남자

I've finally finished this Korean version of "流星花園" - 꽃보다 남자 or Boys Before Flowers. It was pretty good actually, though I do admit it is more of a 'girly' drama. The plot is similar, of course, since it comes from the same manga. There is a striking resemblence between Taiwanese's Tsukasa Domyoji (by Jerry Yen), and Korea's version (by Lee Min Ho), especially with that curly hair:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Left: Lee Min Ho; Right: Jerry Yen

In 꽃보다 남자 , Goo Hye Sun was pretty good as Makino. So was Kim Hyun Joong as Hanazawa Rui. The other 2 members of F4 were acted by Kim Bum and Kim Joon. I think the Taiwanese one is still the best (given its popularity it has to be somewhat GOOD...), though the Korean one is just as good too. I have also watched the Japanese version before, but for some reason it didn't leave a very big impression in me. I haven't read the manga yet though...

Photobucket

I think one of the reasons Taiwan was so successful with their "Meteor Garden" version is because they were really great with marketing. The entire package looks so appealing even if the drama itself was not that fantastic. Taiwanese F4 was a pop group, and with a few unique traits (e.g. 1.8m tall, good looking, long hair...). And they've also got Big S as their female lead... These factors are quite enough to explain why they were so popular....

Comments

Popular Posts