And life goes on in Melbourne...

And now I am back in Melbourne...

The week after my return (just 1 day of rest!), I started work. And I start work both sides. As usual, 5 work days, and 4 work nights for the first week commencing. However, from this week onwards, I will be working 6 work nights, and the usual 5 work days. I am feeling so exhausted already! Our manager has already left, and there are only a few people in-charge. Being the person in-charge is so tiring!! This Monday and Tuesday were so tiring for me because I was the person-in-charge, and I was in the bar. I answer directly to the boss, not to the manager. I have to have my own shield against the boss. It used to be me using my manager as a shield. Tonight, I only have Yiyi to help me and the rest are all juniors. Luckily it wasn't a very busy night.

Last Sunday (31/5) was Mr. M's last day. After our work, we gathered at Boxhill's 珍珍 Supper til 2am, and had Hong Kong/Chinese style dinner together. There were 17 of us who turned up, including our 2 bosses. Had crab, prawns, fish, pipi, string beans, mapou tofu, fried chicken etc etc etc... Quite nice dinner it was.

After that whilst Mr. M was sending us home, he asked if we'd like to go for drinks. Actually it was more like asking ME because I need to wake up early the next day, and if I am willing to go. I agreed to go because it was Mr. M's last day, and it will be good if we gathered. So, we went to the usual tavern at Caulfield and had 2 rounds of bourbon + coke. There were Kylie, Yiyi, Mr. M and me. Kylie was acting paparazzi and took numerous photos. In fact, it was me who didn't even fish out my camera that night... Lol...

Mr. M's name is Clayton. I don't think I've ever mentioned his name before. He has indeed taught me a lot. Very smart, productive and capable workaholic. I am actually kinda sad he has left. Feels like there's an empty spot in the restaurant. That stress he imposed on us is gone, but then there is a new kind of stress that we got to face now.

Photobucket
Yiyi and I - I'm really close to her. She always sends me home after work when she gets to drive her housemate's car, and she fetches me to and from the airport too.

Photobucket
Yiyi, me and Kylie - the supper night clan

Photobucket
With Yuko - the Japanese girl who works in the kitchen

Photobucket
Our bosses - Ni-San and Gen-San

Photobucket
From across the table - Zhan (kitchen head), Clayton (Mr. M), and our 2 bosses

Photobucket
Looks like a chau ah-beng, but he's not. Our Mr. M, Clayton smokes but not a lot.

Photobucket
Drinks... sometimes we go for drinks... usually it's me, Yiyi and Clayton.

That night, we stayed out 'til 4.30am before heading back. I went to bed at 5.15am, and woke up 7.15am. And worked the whole Monday being totally stressed out. I felt like I've been unwired when I went back home Monday night.

I wonder how am I going to survive these few weeks. Everyone's having exams and have either reduced or cancelled their shifts... Leaves fools like me to help out. I would've work 7 nights if my Thursday nights are unavailable due to Korean classes... :S


Comments