A Little Bit Confused
Just came back from work and feeling a little bit confused...
Actually, I didn't just finish work just then... I started at 5pm today and finished at 9pm. However, after work, I went to Giogio's cafe with Yiyi (who also finished at 9pm) to have a few drinks and some food. It was there she told me some 'shocking' news which wasn't meant to be known to us right now... However, she has told me because she feels that I should know...
Mr. Manager is leaving... He has handed in his resignation just now. Perhaps after I've returned from Singapore, I'll just be working with him for another week or so, before he'll be out of our lives forever...
For a moment, I felt blank, even though I showed nothing on my face. I should be happy he is leaving, given that he has given me all the pressure and unhappiness, shouldn't I? Then why am I feeling like I'm at a loss? Maybe because I know, for someone who can nurture me and let me grow, it's going to be a terrible loss after he leaves.
Yiyi told me that he always tries to help us all achieve something. Actually, I am not so blind that I cannot see the point she's trying to make. As much as I complain about him, I can see the true intentions behind everything. Actions always speak louder than words. He never tells us his true intentions, but I can feel with his little actions, how he actually DOES care.
And when Yiyi told me that Mr. Manager has COMPLIMENTED me behind my back, I was both shocked, and sad at the same time. According to Yiyi, he has marveled at my vast improvement not just once, but a few times already. How did he maintain his sternness to me when he is actually satisfied with my performance? Moreover, the fact that I have actually SATISFIED him makes me feel utterly unexpected. He is a person who demands perfection. How could I have satisfied him in any way???
Now piecing things together, no wonder he is trying his best to push me into the bar. The bar person is the person-in-charge (even though he/she is not the manager) and is the person who is making the call in the restaurant. The bar person do not just make the drinks, do sushi takeaway packing, the cashiering, assigining seats for customers (with and without bookings); but also must have a clear mind of everything that is going on in the restaurant. For the past few weeks he has been training me in the bar and letting me fly solo in the bar too, in hopes I will improve as quickly as I can. He also got me to do the 'float' role all the time, as well as the 'dishout' role on Sundays. These roles require me to have a good idea of every single happenings in the restaurant, as well as to do the controls and make commands.
All because he will be leaving. He has already made plans to leave, and no one knows about it.
I still hope that, even after he leaves, we can be friends. Something tells me he will be a good friend...
______________________________________________________________________
Back to eating at Giogio's, I have been wanting to try them out for a long time...... Someone told me before that their apple crumble is very nice~ And the funny thing is, Giogio's is just located 2 shops away from the restaurant I work at, but I've never get to try it! It's pretty famous in the area as well. To think I've been working at the restaurant for a year already! Yiyi knew I wanted to try their apple crumble for a long time, and since we both finish early today, she propsed that we go over. And so we did! Their apple crumble was indeed FANTASTIC!!! And it was so nicely presented too! We also ordered a chef platter with calamari rings, onion rings, potato balls, spring roll and some dipping sauce. After that, Yiyi was still hungry (!!!!) and she ordered us a serve of eggplant dip with sesame bread, as well as a beef salad. ALL VERY NICE!!! On top of that, we had alcohol as well... I had a serving of vodka and coke, and then a long island after that. Nice~

Kylie also joined us after she finished at 10.30pm. The 3 of us laughed crazily and joked about things in the restaurant. Feels good that way... I love to act 'drunk' after a few drinks when I am actually not. However, if you are smart, you will know I am acting lol... If you are not, you'll think I'm knocked out ;p
______________________________________________________________________
On Saturday night, I had my first try with cooking Bak Kut Teh. And I must say it was pretty successful!! Lee pressured me to cook (jokingly) and I felt 'pai seh' if I don't cook this time round... He and Rich has cooked last week and I have contributed nothing except to eat. Therefore this time I cooked a dish that can represent Singapore. And the good thing is, the both of them liked it!! Rich cooked Indian curry with his friend's recipe, but it wasn't spicy enough.
Perhaps the next time I cook (which will be after I am back from Singapore), I will cook Hainanese chicken rice. :)
3 more sleeps!!!! And I can say HI to our recuperating Merlion~ :)
Actually, I didn't just finish work just then... I started at 5pm today and finished at 9pm. However, after work, I went to Giogio's cafe with Yiyi (who also finished at 9pm) to have a few drinks and some food. It was there she told me some 'shocking' news which wasn't meant to be known to us right now... However, she has told me because she feels that I should know...
Mr. Manager is leaving... He has handed in his resignation just now. Perhaps after I've returned from Singapore, I'll just be working with him for another week or so, before he'll be out of our lives forever...
For a moment, I felt blank, even though I showed nothing on my face. I should be happy he is leaving, given that he has given me all the pressure and unhappiness, shouldn't I? Then why am I feeling like I'm at a loss? Maybe because I know, for someone who can nurture me and let me grow, it's going to be a terrible loss after he leaves.
Yiyi told me that he always tries to help us all achieve something. Actually, I am not so blind that I cannot see the point she's trying to make. As much as I complain about him, I can see the true intentions behind everything. Actions always speak louder than words. He never tells us his true intentions, but I can feel with his little actions, how he actually DOES care.
And when Yiyi told me that Mr. Manager has COMPLIMENTED me behind my back, I was both shocked, and sad at the same time. According to Yiyi, he has marveled at my vast improvement not just once, but a few times already. How did he maintain his sternness to me when he is actually satisfied with my performance? Moreover, the fact that I have actually SATISFIED him makes me feel utterly unexpected. He is a person who demands perfection. How could I have satisfied him in any way???
Now piecing things together, no wonder he is trying his best to push me into the bar. The bar person is the person-in-charge (even though he/she is not the manager) and is the person who is making the call in the restaurant. The bar person do not just make the drinks, do sushi takeaway packing, the cashiering, assigining seats for customers (with and without bookings); but also must have a clear mind of everything that is going on in the restaurant. For the past few weeks he has been training me in the bar and letting me fly solo in the bar too, in hopes I will improve as quickly as I can. He also got me to do the 'float' role all the time, as well as the 'dishout' role on Sundays. These roles require me to have a good idea of every single happenings in the restaurant, as well as to do the controls and make commands.
All because he will be leaving. He has already made plans to leave, and no one knows about it.
I still hope that, even after he leaves, we can be friends. Something tells me he will be a good friend...
______________________________________________________________________
Back to eating at Giogio's, I have been wanting to try them out for a long time...... Someone told me before that their apple crumble is very nice~ And the funny thing is, Giogio's is just located 2 shops away from the restaurant I work at, but I've never get to try it! It's pretty famous in the area as well. To think I've been working at the restaurant for a year already! Yiyi knew I wanted to try their apple crumble for a long time, and since we both finish early today, she propsed that we go over. And so we did! Their apple crumble was indeed FANTASTIC!!! And it was so nicely presented too! We also ordered a chef platter with calamari rings, onion rings, potato balls, spring roll and some dipping sauce. After that, Yiyi was still hungry (!!!!) and she ordered us a serve of eggplant dip with sesame bread, as well as a beef salad. ALL VERY NICE!!! On top of that, we had alcohol as well... I had a serving of vodka and coke, and then a long island after that. Nice~

Kylie also joined us after she finished at 10.30pm. The 3 of us laughed crazily and joked about things in the restaurant. Feels good that way... I love to act 'drunk' after a few drinks when I am actually not. However, if you are smart, you will know I am acting lol... If you are not, you'll think I'm knocked out ;p
______________________________________________________________________
On Saturday night, I had my first try with cooking Bak Kut Teh. And I must say it was pretty successful!! Lee pressured me to cook (jokingly) and I felt 'pai seh' if I don't cook this time round... He and Rich has cooked last week and I have contributed nothing except to eat. Therefore this time I cooked a dish that can represent Singapore. And the good thing is, the both of them liked it!! Rich cooked Indian curry with his friend's recipe, but it wasn't spicy enough.
Perhaps the next time I cook (which will be after I am back from Singapore), I will cook Hainanese chicken rice. :)
3 more sleeps!!!! And I can say HI to our recuperating Merlion~ :)
Comments