The First House Dinner
It seems like a long time that we haven't had a house dinner... In fact, we haven't had a house dinner where every member of the house cooked dinner together and sat down for a meal together. At least, not in this current place I'm staying at... yet...
It's a great feeling this way because it is like a family dinner where people living together sit down to eat home-cooked meals and have a good chat. However, I shudder at the idea of 'contributing to cooking' because I really can't cook.
Racked my brains so hard this time round to cook something palatable, but in the end, I didn't manage to get any ingredients, least to say, thought of something to cook. I wanted to cook something that represents Singapore, however, I have no idea what I can manage to cook...
In the end, I became involved in a variety of 'roles' - being the 'kitchen-hand' for Lee (my new Korean housemate); being the 'princess' by being served all the delicious food infront of me; and being the 'dish-washer' of the night. Rich cooked lasagna and pasta (all Italian but he's Aussie), and Lee cooked Bean-paste soup (된장찌개) and a chicken with kimchi stir-fried (all Korean). All delicious~ I like the bean paste soup best though.
Sometimes I marvel at how much better guys actually are at cooking as compared to the girls. Or maybe it's just as what Rich has said, it's just ME who doesn't know how to cook. It doesn't mean girls are not good at cooking.
Honestly I do not like to cook. However, I love to eat. In other words, it is best if someone can do the cooking for me and I'll just be in charge to make sure nothing has been wasted. I do not mind doing the dishes though.
And glad to say, I have contributed wine. I always receive free wine ever since I started working in the new department. Four Sisters Sauvignon Blanc Semillon and Four Sisters champagne. Nice~
I need to cook sometime next time though. Probably next Saturday. I'm thinking of Hainanese chicken rice. Any tips or suggestions??
It's a great feeling this way because it is like a family dinner where people living together sit down to eat home-cooked meals and have a good chat. However, I shudder at the idea of 'contributing to cooking' because I really can't cook.
Racked my brains so hard this time round to cook something palatable, but in the end, I didn't manage to get any ingredients, least to say, thought of something to cook. I wanted to cook something that represents Singapore, however, I have no idea what I can manage to cook...
In the end, I became involved in a variety of 'roles' - being the 'kitchen-hand' for Lee (my new Korean housemate); being the 'princess' by being served all the delicious food infront of me; and being the 'dish-washer' of the night. Rich cooked lasagna and pasta (all Italian but he's Aussie), and Lee cooked Bean-paste soup (된장찌개) and a chicken with kimchi stir-fried (all Korean). All delicious~ I like the bean paste soup best though.
Sometimes I marvel at how much better guys actually are at cooking as compared to the girls. Or maybe it's just as what Rich has said, it's just ME who doesn't know how to cook. It doesn't mean girls are not good at cooking.
Honestly I do not like to cook. However, I love to eat. In other words, it is best if someone can do the cooking for me and I'll just be in charge to make sure nothing has been wasted. I do not mind doing the dishes though.
And glad to say, I have contributed wine. I always receive free wine ever since I started working in the new department. Four Sisters Sauvignon Blanc Semillon and Four Sisters champagne. Nice~
I need to cook sometime next time though. Probably next Saturday. I'm thinking of Hainanese chicken rice. Any tips or suggestions??
Comments