Still a long way to go...

When Koreans speak TOO fast, I really have trouble understanding them. That I have to admit. After all, I wasn't raised speaking Korean, and I only do classes once a week. I have limited number of Korean friends, and I haven't been doing my homework and practices faithfully...

Lack of practice!

I think I still have a long way to go. My main weakness is listening, and I am determined to work on that.

I have a new housemate now, and he is Korean. We are both thrilled in different ways: I can finally have someone to speak Korean with, and he is thrilled that he is staying with someone who can actually understand Korean no matter how lousy she sounds, or her low level of understanding. It was fun introducing ourselves in Korean.

He offered that we can tutor each other for 15 minutes each day. If that happens, wouldn't that be like a language exchange session? He will tutor me Korean, and I will tutor him English (though I don't think his English is bad at all!!). If that happens, I think it'll be way cool!

Perhaps we can rope Rich in as well, and we can do a 3-way tutoring - He can tutor our new housemate English, our new housemate can tutor me Korean, and I can tutor Rich Chinese (he's trying to learn Chinese). I think that will be a good idea! ;)

Comments

Popular Posts