Happy New Year!

First of all, a very Happy Lunar New Year to all of you!

新年进步,
万事如意!


And sharing this little message from my friend:

不尽的朋友
不尽的财富
不尽的快乐
不尽的幸福

We welcome the Year of the RAT, and bade farewell to the pig, who has just trotted us by (and then dived into the stew pot for some pig's trotter! Yummy!)...

Anyway, for the new year,
Best of luck and happiness follow you all~ :)

~~~~~

It's my first time celebrating New Year overseas, without my family with me. Therefore, everything's different, and nothing's special. Today's the first day of New Year, yet I went home after work, indulged in my noodles, and sat in front of TV watching "The Amazing Race", something I wouldn't miss for the world! It's sad I'm actually in Australia, where Chinese New Year is not regarded as a public holiday... So we all have to report to work (unless you take leave like one of my colleagues did). However, we did have a 'reunion dinner' last night on the eve.

I was invited back to Chom Chom for a dinner with our boss and his family, as well as the chefs, and staff - both past and present. From my 'generation', Grace, Mary and I were there. There were also a couple of the new 'generation' waitresses which I also know. And of course, the waiter who survived all the generations - Edwin. And I got to finally see Andrew too! Looking really smart with his business attire, having found a job at as a tax consultant. And of course, if you see Andrew, you'll see Lilian as well, my 'twin-sister'... hahaha... I didn't really eat with the gang, because before that I had dinner with Chris already, but I sat there and chit-chat with our boss's family, the uncles and of course my friends as well... Just talk, drink and not eating... I was amazed at my ability to still talk smart and react fast to some of the 'jokes' people make, despite that I am actually going to drop dead!

Ooooh... Boss gave us ang bao too! Hahaha... he also gave us ang bao last year actually... How nice~

I really hope this will be a better year for us, especially those born in the year of the pig. Since last year has not been that fantastic for many of us, I really hope that there will be a better turn this new year! No more tears, no more frowns, more smiles and laughter~ Really do hope so!


Comments

yes, hope that this yr for us would be a less tears, less emotional roller coaster ride, less depressed moments and more laughter, happiness, blissfulness and lastly more money.

Popular Posts