Bevilles
As I am blogging this, I am actually practicing to be a (temporary) 'housewife'. Yes... hear this coming out from someone like Clarice, who doesn't like any form of 'housework' like cooking, cleaning, washing.... you name it! But for him, I actually am willing to stand in the kitchen for as long as I like, trying my best to think, and cook the most palatable dish I can manage for someone to savour when he's home. Dang... so unlike me! I was never half bothered for MY own meals!
As many might have already known, I've moved out from my own place (which is no longer mine now!) to stay over at his place... temporarily. Honestly, I don't really like the idea of staying WITH him, even though I'd love to see him everyday (though he doesn't like to). Staying at a guy's place for a clean freak like me is a total disaster. No words can ever describe how catastrophic and appalling his place is... especially his room! I'm trying my best to adapt to his lifestyle and his mess, and as the Chinese saying goes: 眼不见为近... Kept preaching myself with that idiom. Luckily, I am hardly home due to work... But then, is that really the case now??
Today was supposed to be my last day at work. I was promised work 'til 15 February, therefore, today will be my last ever in this company. It was confirmed, and the colleagues from my department were really sweet enough to give me, and Meagan (another colleague of mine who's also leaving today) a little box of chocolate cupcake and a very nice card (signed by all). However, perhaps today is not really my last day afterall... Monday might be.... Why?
(I was doing some filing behind my colleague/supervisor, Mandy's desk)
Mandy: So Clarice, what have you planned for the weekends?
Clarice: Hmmm... not so sure! I guess I am just gonna have a good rest...
Mandy: Oh...
Clarice: Besides, today's my last day at work, so I am really gonna need that rest...
Mandy: Really? Today's your last day??
Clarice: Yep...
Mandy: Why not you come in on Monday to help me with marking (of jewelry)? I'll do with some help! Well... unless you haven't already made plans!
Clarice: (with glee) Of course! Monday's cool.
Mandy: Good. Well we'll call you from time to time when we need your help, if you are free... How's your job hunt going??
Lalalala... Just a casual 'what are you doing for the weekends?' conversation can give me a little extra income. Not a bad idea! I know helping from 'time to time' means I need not go in everyday from Mondays-Fridays, 9-5pm, but instead just once a week or so. It can also mean that I can get no job for a couple of weeks. Either way, I will have to find a new job soon so I can have food on my table!
Anyway, here are some photos I've taken with my phone for my supposedly 'last day' at work... It's just a couple of people from my department. I will love to take pics with Maria and Nektaria, but the 2 of them are away on holidays and will be back Monday.

First up, this is Rachel and me... She's the allocator for Silver, and we work closely together.
And also Maria- who's on holiday- is another allocator for Silver too...

Next, Nancy and me... She's the allocator for Gold, and after Christmas, I worked closely with her for all the Gold jewelries...She looks after me alot, so I'm really grateful to her.
Nektaria is usually the other allocator, but she's also on holidays...
That explains why I was asked to stay longer...


Meagan and me...
She's my closest colleagues in Bevilles Jewelers (the name of my company).
We worked together through the hectic Christmas period cooped in the silver safe and that's how we got close... She's a funny girl.




Some views of the silver safe where I usually work in...

I call this the 'elephant trunk' but it's actually an air-conditioning duct installed when we complained it was TOO warm even with 3 fans blowing at us during the hottest part of summer!

This set of drawers are what I work with all the time... It has the codes of all the different Bevilles stores on each drawer, and when we pick stock, we allocate them accordingly. The drawers are placed on trolleys so that they can be moved around when needed.

That's just me in the safe...

And just today, I put back all the February catalogue's silver jewelries, and set up the March ones...:

Sigh... look at my clumsy handwriting.

The little cupcake my colleagues gave me... But I didn't take a photo of the cupcake because it was toppled over and the chocolate on top smudged the box...


Card signed by Rachel, Nancy, Katie and Farrah...

Nancy's gift for me... it's body lotion and some skin care product. Too nice for me to open it up! :)
Even if the job's boring, I still will miss it. Have been working at Bevilles for 5 months already! I didn't even realise it was that long until I actually got to use my fingers to count it.
~~~~~~~~
After I've moved out, I've been eating out for lunch more frequently than I should. I did not prepare any lunch boxes this week. Instead, I discovered a place where they sell really good Hainanese Chicken rice, as well as indulge in my so-favorite-yet-so-sinful Nando's...
Malaysian Oriental Wok is the place where they sell really good chicken rice, but, very expensive too. Imagine, you can get good chicken rice in Singapore for SGD $3 or so. Here, the chicken rice costs you AUD$9, and it's the same portion as those in Singapore. But then, this place has the closest tasting chicken rice that reminds me of home. Chom Chom's chicken rice is still a little bit behind theirs, but they are good too!

Chicken rice without the black sauce and the chilli will never taste the same~
And Nando's are my most favorite fast food ever~ I hardly ever patron McDonald's, KFC or Hungry Jacks, and I hate Subway... But Nando's never failed to satisfy me.

Grilled tenderloins... extra spicy... with peri-peri chips

The usual Quarter chicken... extra spicy... with peri-peri chips..
As you might have noticed, I am a fan of peri-peri chips... topped with extra peri-peri salt for my strong taste buds~
~~~~~~~~
Everyone's been asking me: "How did your valentine's day go??" and I got so tired of answering them. As much as I used to think Valentine's day is just a gimmick for businessmen to make money by selling ridiculous high prices for roses and chocolates, but this year, I thought a little differently since I am no longer considered 'single'.
But then, I do not see the difference between 'single' and being 'in a relationship - but no one to celebrate valentine's with'. If the couple's separated by shores, then people will understand that they can't celebrate V-day. But for me, I was the one who hinted, then requested directly, that I want to celebrate Valentine's with him, his answer was a very bored "UP TO YOU LAH"... which made my heart instantly turned stone cold... Perhaps it's not that exciting for him since it's not his first relationship, but apparently he did not think the same way for me. Either way, I was unlucky because he chose to fall sick just before Valentine's so he wants to go home and rest. What can I do? Of course health is more important than a mere Valentine's! Disappointed as I was, I decided to just forget it and celebrate it with my toy dog, whilst brewing a chicken soup for him. Hahaha... I've never quite brewed a chicken and cabbage soup before. Luckily it didn't taste too awful.
For Valentine's, I received no flowers, but I got a box of Haigh's truffles. I love them~

I guess, I am just going to keep quiet and do my best to support him and be the one secretly loving him by looking at him from the back... I do not know when and ever will he ever completely turn back to look at me... As long as he's happy, I guess I should tell myself that I am already fortunate enough that he is willing to be together with me, and not ask for too much. I still wish he'll hold my hand everytime we go out. I still wish for that kiss to come. I still wish he'll hug me when we sleep. But then, if he's not happy with doing these things, I know I cannot force it either. He's still so cold to me... Sometimes I cannot help it but break down and cry, but only in the dark when no one can see my tears and hear the sobbing. I must seem strong and have a 'heck-care' attitude, but I really want to crumble inside.
As many might have already known, I've moved out from my own place (which is no longer mine now!) to stay over at his place... temporarily. Honestly, I don't really like the idea of staying WITH him, even though I'd love to see him everyday (though he doesn't like to). Staying at a guy's place for a clean freak like me is a total disaster. No words can ever describe how catastrophic and appalling his place is... especially his room! I'm trying my best to adapt to his lifestyle and his mess, and as the Chinese saying goes: 眼不见为近... Kept preaching myself with that idiom. Luckily, I am hardly home due to work... But then, is that really the case now??
Today was supposed to be my last day at work. I was promised work 'til 15 February, therefore, today will be my last ever in this company. It was confirmed, and the colleagues from my department were really sweet enough to give me, and Meagan (another colleague of mine who's also leaving today) a little box of chocolate cupcake and a very nice card (signed by all). However, perhaps today is not really my last day afterall... Monday might be.... Why?
(I was doing some filing behind my colleague/supervisor, Mandy's desk)
Mandy: So Clarice, what have you planned for the weekends?
Clarice: Hmmm... not so sure! I guess I am just gonna have a good rest...
Mandy: Oh...
Clarice: Besides, today's my last day at work, so I am really gonna need that rest...
Mandy: Really? Today's your last day??
Clarice: Yep...
Mandy: Why not you come in on Monday to help me with marking (of jewelry)? I'll do with some help! Well... unless you haven't already made plans!
Clarice: (with glee) Of course! Monday's cool.
Mandy: Good. Well we'll call you from time to time when we need your help, if you are free... How's your job hunt going??
Lalalala... Just a casual 'what are you doing for the weekends?' conversation can give me a little extra income. Not a bad idea! I know helping from 'time to time' means I need not go in everyday from Mondays-Fridays, 9-5pm, but instead just once a week or so. It can also mean that I can get no job for a couple of weeks. Either way, I will have to find a new job soon so I can have food on my table!
Anyway, here are some photos I've taken with my phone for my supposedly 'last day' at work... It's just a couple of people from my department. I will love to take pics with Maria and Nektaria, but the 2 of them are away on holidays and will be back Monday.

First up, this is Rachel and me... She's the allocator for Silver, and we work closely together.
And also Maria- who's on holiday- is another allocator for Silver too...

Next, Nancy and me... She's the allocator for Gold, and after Christmas, I worked closely with her for all the Gold jewelries...She looks after me alot, so I'm really grateful to her.
Nektaria is usually the other allocator, but she's also on holidays...
That explains why I was asked to stay longer...


Meagan and me...
She's my closest colleagues in Bevilles Jewelers (the name of my company).
We worked together through the hectic Christmas period cooped in the silver safe and that's how we got close... She's a funny girl.




Some views of the silver safe where I usually work in...

I call this the 'elephant trunk' but it's actually an air-conditioning duct installed when we complained it was TOO warm even with 3 fans blowing at us during the hottest part of summer!

This set of drawers are what I work with all the time... It has the codes of all the different Bevilles stores on each drawer, and when we pick stock, we allocate them accordingly. The drawers are placed on trolleys so that they can be moved around when needed.

That's just me in the safe...

And just today, I put back all the February catalogue's silver jewelries, and set up the March ones...:

Sigh... look at my clumsy handwriting.

The little cupcake my colleagues gave me... But I didn't take a photo of the cupcake because it was toppled over and the chocolate on top smudged the box...


Card signed by Rachel, Nancy, Katie and Farrah...

Nancy's gift for me... it's body lotion and some skin care product. Too nice for me to open it up! :)
Even if the job's boring, I still will miss it. Have been working at Bevilles for 5 months already! I didn't even realise it was that long until I actually got to use my fingers to count it.
~~~~~~~~
After I've moved out, I've been eating out for lunch more frequently than I should. I did not prepare any lunch boxes this week. Instead, I discovered a place where they sell really good Hainanese Chicken rice, as well as indulge in my so-favorite-yet-so-sinful Nando's...
Malaysian Oriental Wok is the place where they sell really good chicken rice, but, very expensive too. Imagine, you can get good chicken rice in Singapore for SGD $3 or so. Here, the chicken rice costs you AUD$9, and it's the same portion as those in Singapore. But then, this place has the closest tasting chicken rice that reminds me of home. Chom Chom's chicken rice is still a little bit behind theirs, but they are good too!

Chicken rice without the black sauce and the chilli will never taste the same~
And Nando's are my most favorite fast food ever~ I hardly ever patron McDonald's, KFC or Hungry Jacks, and I hate Subway... But Nando's never failed to satisfy me.

Grilled tenderloins... extra spicy... with peri-peri chips

The usual Quarter chicken... extra spicy... with peri-peri chips..
As you might have noticed, I am a fan of peri-peri chips... topped with extra peri-peri salt for my strong taste buds~
~~~~~~~~
Everyone's been asking me: "How did your valentine's day go??" and I got so tired of answering them. As much as I used to think Valentine's day is just a gimmick for businessmen to make money by selling ridiculous high prices for roses and chocolates, but this year, I thought a little differently since I am no longer considered 'single'.
But then, I do not see the difference between 'single' and being 'in a relationship - but no one to celebrate valentine's with'. If the couple's separated by shores, then people will understand that they can't celebrate V-day. But for me, I was the one who hinted, then requested directly, that I want to celebrate Valentine's with him, his answer was a very bored "UP TO YOU LAH"... which made my heart instantly turned stone cold... Perhaps it's not that exciting for him since it's not his first relationship, but apparently he did not think the same way for me. Either way, I was unlucky because he chose to fall sick just before Valentine's so he wants to go home and rest. What can I do? Of course health is more important than a mere Valentine's! Disappointed as I was, I decided to just forget it and celebrate it with my toy dog, whilst brewing a chicken soup for him. Hahaha... I've never quite brewed a chicken and cabbage soup before. Luckily it didn't taste too awful.
For Valentine's, I received no flowers, but I got a box of Haigh's truffles. I love them~

I guess, I am just going to keep quiet and do my best to support him and be the one secretly loving him by looking at him from the back... I do not know when and ever will he ever completely turn back to look at me... As long as he's happy, I guess I should tell myself that I am already fortunate enough that he is willing to be together with me, and not ask for too much. I still wish he'll hold my hand everytime we go out. I still wish for that kiss to come. I still wish he'll hug me when we sleep. But then, if he's not happy with doing these things, I know I cannot force it either. He's still so cold to me... Sometimes I cannot help it but break down and cry, but only in the dark when no one can see my tears and hear the sobbing. I must seem strong and have a 'heck-care' attitude, but I really want to crumble inside.
Comments
anyway, jia you and fight this together. you fight your man and i will fight mine. lolz!