Korean lunch with classmates

We had our first meeting with John Arnold, Mark Gibson, Toija Cinque etc (our possible supervisors) for our COM 5004 unit, where we gave a brief outline individually on what our theses are gonna be. I've finally decided on my topic, even though it was still quite broad, with my ideas scattered all over the place... However, John Arnold made a suggestion/comment to a possible way of writing it, something that has never crossed my mind whilst I was formulating my question... And after that I've got some follow-ups on that idea from YC (thank u!), so now I roughly get a gist of what I'll be writing. Anyway, I shall reveal my topic, which will be "Crisis reporting"... further specifications I won't list here... too long... It will involve pre- and post- internet reporting, and how the internet (web blogs and forums) VS the traditional news deal with crisis reporting (most likely gonna focus on SARS and Sept 11 attacks), and how information that might be buried in certain cultures who controls the media (e.g. the reporting of SARS disease in China was not full and truthful) and yet these information will be made available if viewed via the internet. Blah, blah, blah.... Still messy... Hoping that will improve as the weeks to come (it gotta!)
And now my biggest query is: WHO IS GOING TO BE MY SUPERVISOR?????!!!

Anyway, after hearing out everyone's topic, we headed for lunch at the Kimchi Grandma in Carnegie. I have always wanted to try the outlet in Carnegie cuz I've heard it's much more authentic and tastier than the one in the city. Even my Korean teacher Hye Ri recommended it. It was a pity that Candy and Yuka got to go to work, so they couldn't join us for lunch... So, there were Riesa, Vivien, Peach, Joanna and YC... and me...

Ordered some really really yummy Korean BBQ - we shared Bulgogi, Dwae-ji Bulgogi, baby octopus and some rice... They were REALLY YUMMY!! Yes, indeed much better than the one in the city! Really enjoyed our meal... And we took photos too~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was where we had lunch...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Side dishes...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dwae-ji bulgogi (pork)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
bulgogi (beef)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tender baby octopus

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On one side of the table - Riesa, me, Vivien

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On the other side of the table - YC, Joanna and Peach

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Whaaa...t?! LOl...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
All smiles... glad to be relaxing for a while instead of worrying for thesis~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Free hug campaign... anyone want??

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Altogether~ Let's fight together for our theses! Doesn't matter if it's 9,000 or 18,000 words...

After lunch, Peach, YC, Joanna and me continued our coffee session at Gloria Jeans in Caulfield... where we sat for over an hour (or was it 2hours?) and chit-chatted... Lots of fun chatting with them!

It was a fun day~ It was great to get 2 full consecutive days off from work. I'm getting really really lazy now... It's not as fun to work anymore... Perhaps that marks the time to change my job!

Comments

Popular Posts