Worrying....

I got this feeling that Starbucks might not call me to work. Come to think of it, there are so many people who wants to work with Starbucks, many could be better than me, or with more coffee making experience than me. Of course they will have to select the best. If they do not call me by Sunday, I'll more or less know that I am not selected. I am really worrying that I have to still stick with my restaurant afterall.

On Thursday, the FATTY asked me (panickly) if next week onwards I can work more days. There are many staff who are going back home, so he will need people. I am not sure if I should promise him or not, because I really don't know if Starbucks will call. I don't care if Singapore Chom Chom calls or not, cuz the pay there is lower than what I'm currently getting. I think I have to just see how it goes.


After work on Thursday, I went back to Clayton, and met my housemates there for dinner. I've proposed before to eat at the Korean restaurant there. Eemei said before that Korchi is really good, so today we went there. I ordered Kimchi Chigae, Eemei ordered Ddok Bokggi (korean ricecake), and Sharuen also ordered Ddok Bokggi but with ramen. It really was good. The best part is, I managed to use my poor Korean knowledge and ordered with the ahjumma. She was impressed, but she can tell I'm not Korean. I used what I've learnt in classes and improvised everything. I ordered for the table in Korean, asked for tea in korean, asked for water in Korean, told them the food is nice in Korean.... It felt good to be able to use the language like that. I was never able to that in French before!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Kimchi chigae

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Ddok Bokggi

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Side dishes

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm just really tired after work...

Eemei feels much better these 2 days, which is great~ Today I accompanied her out for an evening walk, and cooked porridge for her as well. And we watched "Troy" til 12am. Surprisingly the movie intrigued us. It was 3.5hours long!

Comments

Popular Posts