Plans plans plans~

Daylight savings has commenced since 29 October, and now Melbourne is 3hours ahead of Singapore. Feels weird, cuz I'm so much further away from home now, and the skies here get dark after 8pm. Seems like I'm too used to the skies in winter, where it gets dark at 5pm.

I'm on my holidays now. Going back home? Yes, but not so soon. I myself don't even know when exactly I'm going to return. Maybe end December, maybe January. I want to earn as much money as I possibly can for the time being, instead of going back home and laze around, and spending money.

I've been volunteeering with Save the Children, for the second time today. I was at the Melbourne Arts Centre, and there was a kids festival down there, so there were so many kids! I was frantically making more new Dreamseeds so that there will be enough for newcomers, and I also got to explain to the kids and their parents what is this event all about. Tired, but fun. And very rewarding. It's great to see kids wishing something meaningful for the world. They look so innocent, and not to say, cute. One little girl came to hug me after she finish her dreamseed. I was genuinely surprised! Didn't expect that coming.
I made a Dreamseed myself too. My wish: "I wish that there will be no more starvation. And I wish that everyone will be happy." I forgot my gold coin donation though. I'll donate it next week.
I hope to volunteer on December 23 too, where the dreams of all the kids in Melbourne will be released in the hot air balloon at Federation Square. We'll light up the dreams of these kids. It'll be spectacular.

[To peeps in Melbourne: 23 December 2006, 9pm Melbourne time. Atrium of the Federation Square. Drop by if you are free or if you're around!]


Starbucks has called me and asked me to go for an interview coming Tuesday. YAY!! I have always wanted to work in a cafe, so I am really keeping my fingers crossed I will get the job!! Then, Singapore Chom Chom, which is a little restaurant down Bouke's Street (near Chinatown) has also called me and asked me to go training on Wednesday. Hopefully the timetables for this 2 places will fit, so I can work at both places. Either way, I am SO GOING TO QUIT my current job! As much as the workload is heavy, and very tiring, I am not complaining. BUT the freaking UNREASONABLE, FATTY, SON OF A BITCH, (NOT FIT TO BE CALLED) 'MANAGER' is seriously pissing me off! It's a long long story to tell here, but I felt very demoralised working there. I've always wanted to change my job for a long time, but haven't got down to do so, simply because I am giving face to Wang, who has been really nice and helpful by recommending me; and also, I am in good terms with the colleagues and the chefs. No one likes the manager, anyway, even the boss doesn't like him, but I think he doesn't have a replacement just as yet, so that's why he kept him. This FATTY is mean to the older staff, yet pretends to be 'oh-so-nice' to the newer ones. He is especially mean to Anson and I, because we both have been working for a long time with the restaurant. Only Anson will understand what I have been going through because he suffers abit more than I do. We are both in the same plight.

So, my plan now is: Leave the manager when he is at his most difficult moment. Now many staff are not working cuz of exams, and it's getting busier by the day. And a couple of old staff has already left (Nini and Kiko have already quit the job). I am quitting if all goes well. Anson is finding a job. Stephanie is also leaving soon. All those new staff are not competent enough yet. Let's see how he can deal with the situation when all the experienced ones leave him. How have we helped him when he needs help? And turn out he does not appreciate us at all.

I really wish I can simply leave the restaurant. I really need to perform well for my interview and training. Wish me luck!!!!!

Just finished watching "Sweet Spy", by Dennis O'Neil (half American, half Korean), Nam Sang Mi and Lee Joo Hyun. It's a police comedy, about this ball pen which contains important information about the Korean Peninsula, falls into the hands of Lee Soon Ae (Nam SangMi) from spy Han Yoo Il (Dennis) when giving him a traffic ticket, unknowingly of its importance. The CIA and politicians are after the pen. In a twist of events, Soon Ae and Yoo Il falls in love, however, to be entangled into police investigations of Soon Ae's dead husband, whose death was connected to the pen. These investigations were led by Kang Jun (Lee Joo Hyun) who's interested in Soon Ae, but also as determined to find out the truth behind Soon Ae's husband's death, and about the pen and those cheating political parties.

The drama's not too bad... Quite funny at times. But in my opinion, not as good as the usual korean dramas. Dennis O'Neil is new, and though he's really good looking ,still has some way to go. Nam Sang Mi and Lee Joo Hyun are really great actors though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm going to keep myself really busy until the day I go back Singapore. Earn more cash, gain more experience, live life, and be on the go. I love to be busy. :)

Comments

Popular Posts