Loving Taipei
It was raining cats and dogs yesterday in Taipei, breaking the "record" of fine and sunny 2 days I saw when I arrived. More unfortunately, I was at Shilin night market and the rain just kept pelting. It was an outdoor market, so no shelters along the way. It was most inconvenient to carry an umbrella in one hand, shopping bags with the other, and trying to fish out money from my bag to get street food. And then at the same time, half drenched. I guess I didn't see the best of Shilin because of the shitty weather, but nevertheless I still got quite a few bargains and yummy street food to satisfy my growling stomach.
Mommy called after I got down from Yangmingshan national park and chillaxing in a cafe. She gave me more pointers for my trip. Although mommy didn't grow up in Taipei, she worked a few years here so she know what is good and etc. She just wasn't able to give me the transportation and "how to get there" tips because she has left for 30 years now and everything has changed. She mentioned the 大饼包小饼 which is only available in Shilin, so I hunted it down. I loved it!!!! I think I may have eaten this before when I was younger though but I couldn't quite recall. This is not the first time I visit Shilin, though I was much younger previously to remember anything at all.
I asked my way around quite a bit, and I really appreciate the warm help the Taiwanese readily extend to me. Even if they do not really know the way, they would make sure they ask someone else so I get the help I need. I have always remembered them this way. They also queue, and wait for passengers to alight first before getting on the MRT. Service in shopping malls is almost A class (very much resembling the Japanese). No one sits down on the reserved seats in buses and MRTs, and even if they do, they will immediately give their seats when someone who needs the seat comes on board. Singaporeans, you really have lots to learn..... (I am ashamed when I see singaporeans rushing into MRTs and frantically searching for seats. You look so ugly!! And not to mention the almost non-existent customer service here.....)
Got home way past midnight and was was waiting for a batch of other HK tourists to have their shower so that I can have my turn. Only managed to get into bed at around 4am as a result, and woke up late today feeling rather tired. Am planning to go Danshui a bit later but I suspect it will be raining today again...... Sigh!

Of course, how could I not have my nightly drink? This Taiwan beer is actually very good! And their pork floss onigiri is also one of my fave as well.
With every 2 steps there is always a Family Mart or 7-Eleven. I love their onigiri and cheese hotdogs! I never fail to get them in these convenient stores whenever I visit Taiwan.
Heaps of photos I want to share but I can't upload them now. There is only a couple from my HTC... One which I will post because this is Taipei's most famous attraction --- the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall (中正纪念堂)

Night flight tomorrow will then end my Taipei trip. I really must get out really soon and start exploring!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Mommy called after I got down from Yangmingshan national park and chillaxing in a cafe. She gave me more pointers for my trip. Although mommy didn't grow up in Taipei, she worked a few years here so she know what is good and etc. She just wasn't able to give me the transportation and "how to get there" tips because she has left for 30 years now and everything has changed. She mentioned the 大饼包小饼 which is only available in Shilin, so I hunted it down. I loved it!!!! I think I may have eaten this before when I was younger though but I couldn't quite recall. This is not the first time I visit Shilin, though I was much younger previously to remember anything at all.
I asked my way around quite a bit, and I really appreciate the warm help the Taiwanese readily extend to me. Even if they do not really know the way, they would make sure they ask someone else so I get the help I need. I have always remembered them this way. They also queue, and wait for passengers to alight first before getting on the MRT. Service in shopping malls is almost A class (very much resembling the Japanese). No one sits down on the reserved seats in buses and MRTs, and even if they do, they will immediately give their seats when someone who needs the seat comes on board. Singaporeans, you really have lots to learn..... (I am ashamed when I see singaporeans rushing into MRTs and frantically searching for seats. You look so ugly!! And not to mention the almost non-existent customer service here.....)
Got home way past midnight and was was waiting for a batch of other HK tourists to have their shower so that I can have my turn. Only managed to get into bed at around 4am as a result, and woke up late today feeling rather tired. Am planning to go Danshui a bit later but I suspect it will be raining today again...... Sigh!

Of course, how could I not have my nightly drink? This Taiwan beer is actually very good! And their pork floss onigiri is also one of my fave as well.
With every 2 steps there is always a Family Mart or 7-Eleven. I love their onigiri and cheese hotdogs! I never fail to get them in these convenient stores whenever I visit Taiwan.
Heaps of photos I want to share but I can't upload them now. There is only a couple from my HTC... One which I will post because this is Taipei's most famous attraction --- the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall (中正纪念堂)

Night flight tomorrow will then end my Taipei trip. I really must get out really soon and start exploring!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Cháozhōu St,Daan District,Taiwan
Comments