Embracing Spring

Wow, I am indeed posting a lot more frequently these days, aren't I? Well, it's just that I am sitting here, trying to cool a boiling hot porridge that I have just made, and having nothing much on my hands to do at the moment, so I am here blogging again. I have been pretty up-to-date this week - my homework's done, laundry's cleared, dishes done, news read.... finished the drama series as well.... Just need to tidy and clean my room but I can do that later. 

The weather was so good today, I can simply just lie on the grass and be out there all day. It was 20 degrees during the day. Warm sunshine, cool breeze. JUST PERFECT. This is just the weather I like, and wish would remain. Tomorrow will be 22 degrees. And Wednesday's temperature will dip a little, to 18 degrees, which is still nice. But it looks like it will be raining Thursday onwards with temperatures ranging 15-18 degrees, so enjoy the weather while it lasts! 

The only thing that is bothering me these days is my lower back pain. It came out of nowhere, and has been going on for a week already without getting any better. Today, it seemed like the pain has 'infected' my stomach because I had to make a few trips to the toilet at work, and had a little diarrhoea. I thought I wouldn't be able to train today. With my back sore like that I really shouldn't be running, but I couldn't help myself back. I really wanted to do some exercise and train for the upcoming marathon. After running on the spot for a while and feeling no pain, I decided that I will still go for a run, but make it a quicker, shorter distance one.

Who knows, after my warm up I was all ready to go. I changed routes all of a sudden and ran down the whole stretch of Dandenong Road. I kept on running and running, on and on and on, and before I knew it I was already at the junction of Chapel Street and Dandenong Road. Didn't even realise I went this far. It didn't feel far at all! That was the route the tram take every morning when I go to work! Decided that I have to turn back because it was late, and I still have to run the distance back so I would need time. It was a good run, though I did stop once and brisk walked I nearly didn't stop at all (unless there is a traffic light). Made it back home in 35 minutes, and my tracker told me I have covered 6KM. WOW... I wasn't even expecting to run 1KM today. I have exceeded 6 times my expectations albeit having a sore back. 

I just need to go a bit more..... a bit more to 10KM. If I can do 6KM in 35mins,  I can possibly do 10KM in an hour. That is my aim. And that is also the aim of the other girl who is doing the same marathon as me. We are aiming for an hour. But she trains a lot more than me - 3 days running, 1 day netball. Gosh... And me? 2 times? Sometimes 1? I am seriously not as fit, so I need to work harder! 

It feels so good after exercising. Showered and made fish porridge. I stepped on the scale and realised I lost 2kg. YIPPEEE!!! I was frowning over my almost 4kg gain over the past few months, and I am glad to have shed half of it~ Apart from that I also need to eat healthily - less junk food, more fruits. At the moment I probably find it hard to cut alcohol, but I hope in future I can slowly work towards drinking less as well. At least, not everyday... 

It is just another 9 days to departure! Seriously,  I think time will pass by quickly because I have so much to do these days. Reporting period is also around the corner and starting tomorrow I will be damn-est busy at work PLUS clear off as much as I can before I go off. The new luggage bag I have ordered is on its way as well, so I can possibly start throwing a few things in soon! OMG... I would be a lot more excited if my back isn't screaming in pain!! I hope it will go away before I leave otherwise I probably need to see an osteopath/chiropractor/physio whatever. 

Going to bed in another hour or less! 7 hour sleep, and charge on Tuesday!  


Comments

Popular Posts