Back in Singapore, missing Taipei

And yet again, Jetstar departed Taoyuan International Airport for Singapore, on time. I deduced that Jetstar Asia is probably a better provider than Jetstar Australia because the crew is Asian, the people operating at the airports are Asian, and that means they are heaps lot better than local Aussie crew who just love delaying and doing things at their own pace, not caring much for other people at all. I am now left wondering about the flight from Sin to Mel. There's bound to be Aussie crew on my flight back, so I really am inclined to believe that the flight will be delayed in some way.

I left Taipei in a mad rush because I didn't have enough time for everything. For starters, I woke up later than I should and had to pack hurriedly to make it for the 12pm check out time. I left my luggage at the hostel and made my way to Zhongshan station where I started shopping for souvenirs and what friends have asked me to bring. At 金兴发 I spent so much time there, browsing the stationery, organizers, mobile phone pouches, and household products. I love stationery, and it was so cheap there I bought a few packets of stickers and colored pens. Nearly got a new 2013 organizer but nothing there really appealed to me so I thought I would shop at Artbox after I return to Singapore to get an organizer for next year.

By the time I got back to the hostel it was a little past the time I set for myself, so I quickly bade goodbye and left a scribble on the wall like other visitors. It was so hot outside, and I just rushed back so my mind was blank when I started writing. Intended to write everything in traditional Chinese, but because I was brought up with simplified Chinese it came out like second nature to me, so in the end I only signed my name in traditional.





The trip to Taoyuan International Airport was longer than expected. 1.5 hours! There was a jam along the way and I got a little panicky. Scared I couldn't arrive on time to check in. Fortunately everything worked out fine and checked in by 6.45pm and still had time to shop for my pineapple cakes.

Taipei was fantastic. Didn't have time for everything, but as I've told my new friends at the hostel, "it is ok to leave some regrets behind, because that makes up all the reason to revisit soon!" I swear I will revisit very soon!

Singapore for another less than 2days and then I am going back to boring Melbourne again. Still contemplating if I should go into the office on Monday after lunch time. But most likely I may not do so, but instead work from home if necessary. I bet I will be too tired. I have been doing full on touring in Taipei, wandering around, getting lost, and just taking in as much as I can. Plus, I haven't been sleeping well at the hostel for some reason. Dead beat now and the remaining days in sg aren't rest days for me either. But I know I do have work waiting for me as I've been checking and responding to emails everyday even though I am on leave. Sigh.... I wish time can stall for a little longer so I can have a longer break.....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Simei St. 4, Singapore

Comments

Popular Posts