A Good Start to SPRING
Today, September 1st marks the end of winter, and the beginning of spring. Although weather has not tremendously warmed and traces of winter is still evident, the temperature has risen a little these days and the sun is also warmer. The skies are also turning dark at 6-ishPM instead of 5PM. Ahhhh... thankful for that!
I like spring because it's full of life. Birds start to sing in the morning, flowers bloom, and butterflies fluttered their wings around the flowers. The sun is welcoming. A lot more people are coming out to party, so everywhere is full of life. Children are screaming with joy running around the playground. I can start shedding all those layers of thick clothing and go with lighter ones. However, there are 2 things I don't like about spring: 1) Insects will start to come out, and I simply detest insects! 2) That means summer is on its way and I do not like summer either.
First day of spring, and a Saturday. Weekend. And my Saturdays these days are always free, that's why I heart Saturdays. And the first day of spring, I am immensely cheered by a cute little darling I've always adored - Zoe. She is 4.5 years now, full of energy, seriously adorable and very cheeky. Eva told me that she has been "chanting" my name since yesterday since knowing she will be meeting me. And when we met, she wanted me to hold her hand, to draw with her, play with her at the playground and she has been asking me 101 whys and telling me stories. Oh my... so much attention from this little darling. I love her just like my own child...
After parting with the family, I went to do my hair.... Again. My hair was so unmanageable since it is all dry and damaged, and thick and frizzy all the time. Simply using the straightener does not help, and my hair looks messy as ever. So I decided to do permanent straightening, and cut it shorter. As always I look horrible initially after seeing a slightly flatter hair on me, but I guess I will get used to it eventually. And when my hair grows out a litttle it will look more natural then.
I had two hairdressers (one I know, and the other one new). Bo Ram, the one I know, saw me and immediately spoke to me in Korean. I felt a little embarrassed initially, especially when the new hairdresser (whose name I later learnt was So Yeon) looked at me in awe when I spoke quite fluently but with a foreign accent. She can't really speak English, so she was glad I was able to communicate how I want my hair done. And then all the other hairdressers started talking to me. It actually felt good because it is a good practice for me, and I really like speaking Korean as well.
It wasn't excruciating sitting in the salon for almost 3 hours because of the funny conversations we shared.
Then, dropped by for some sushi burger at J-Cafe on my way back. OMG.. I simply LOVE the sushi burgers there... Absolutely divine....
And spring was also made better because I will be travelling in 11 days! I have 1.5 weeks of work - 8 working business days and 4 more days at the restaurant. In fact, it will be my last week at the restaurant before my holidays. Even though holidays only officially start 13/9, I will only work til 9/9 at the restaurant. I don't work Mon and Weds anyway, and Tuesday 11/9 I have to attend a movie for Korean Festival so I couldn't work anyway. I can't wait!
Meanwhile, survive my work on Sunday, and then breeze through next week, and I will be all set to go! Hurray!!
I like spring because it's full of life. Birds start to sing in the morning, flowers bloom, and butterflies fluttered their wings around the flowers. The sun is welcoming. A lot more people are coming out to party, so everywhere is full of life. Children are screaming with joy running around the playground. I can start shedding all those layers of thick clothing and go with lighter ones. However, there are 2 things I don't like about spring: 1) Insects will start to come out, and I simply detest insects! 2) That means summer is on its way and I do not like summer either.
First day of spring, and a Saturday. Weekend. And my Saturdays these days are always free, that's why I heart Saturdays. And the first day of spring, I am immensely cheered by a cute little darling I've always adored - Zoe. She is 4.5 years now, full of energy, seriously adorable and very cheeky. Eva told me that she has been "chanting" my name since yesterday since knowing she will be meeting me. And when we met, she wanted me to hold her hand, to draw with her, play with her at the playground and she has been asking me 101 whys and telling me stories. Oh my... so much attention from this little darling. I love her just like my own child...
![]() |
| She was going up and sliding down numerous times, always with me receiving her at the end of the slide. :) |
After parting with the family, I went to do my hair.... Again. My hair was so unmanageable since it is all dry and damaged, and thick and frizzy all the time. Simply using the straightener does not help, and my hair looks messy as ever. So I decided to do permanent straightening, and cut it shorter. As always I look horrible initially after seeing a slightly flatter hair on me, but I guess I will get used to it eventually. And when my hair grows out a litttle it will look more natural then.
I had two hairdressers (one I know, and the other one new). Bo Ram, the one I know, saw me and immediately spoke to me in Korean. I felt a little embarrassed initially, especially when the new hairdresser (whose name I later learnt was So Yeon) looked at me in awe when I spoke quite fluently but with a foreign accent. She can't really speak English, so she was glad I was able to communicate how I want my hair done. And then all the other hairdressers started talking to me. It actually felt good because it is a good practice for me, and I really like speaking Korean as well.
![]() |
| Shorter than last time. And neater as well. |
It wasn't excruciating sitting in the salon for almost 3 hours because of the funny conversations we shared.
Then, dropped by for some sushi burger at J-Cafe on my way back. OMG.. I simply LOVE the sushi burgers there... Absolutely divine....
![]() |
| Spicy raw salmon sushi burger. This was really awesome! |
![]() |
| Soft shell crab sushi burger. I can have more of this if I want to! |
And spring was also made better because I will be travelling in 11 days! I have 1.5 weeks of work - 8 working business days and 4 more days at the restaurant. In fact, it will be my last week at the restaurant before my holidays. Even though holidays only officially start 13/9, I will only work til 9/9 at the restaurant. I don't work Mon and Weds anyway, and Tuesday 11/9 I have to attend a movie for Korean Festival so I couldn't work anyway. I can't wait!
Meanwhile, survive my work on Sunday, and then breeze through next week, and I will be all set to go! Hurray!!




Comments