Support makes a huge difference
Had a (considerably) short conversation (for 1 hr 20 mins - usually much more) with Mom yesterday, and I felt comforted after that.
Mom has decided to support me with whatever decisions I have come up with, and that includes me giving up my PR here (if my test on 26/6 didn't make it), going to Korea, and then back to Singapore. Perhaps she finally saw my misery and anxiety... Or perhaps Dad is back from Doha to bring Mom to the doctors and she feels much better with someone around... Or perhaps I managed to convince my parents.... Either way, Mom will be following Dad to Doha this week, and probably will be there to stay for a couple of months before heading back home. And if I did not manage to stay here, I will join them in Doha before flying to Korea... That is the current plan.
I have more headaches hitting me now. Just when I thought I can submit an application for PR and commit to submitting all documents within 28 days (and therefore earn myself another 28 days here), my friend affirmed my doubt of the words 'not refundable application fees'. Which means, upon submitting the application, you will need to pay, and this amount is NOT refundable. I thought I have read this online, but I wasn't so sure. Furthermore, the application fee for the visa that I will be applying costs me AUD $2525 for the first instalment, and it is NOT refundable! WTF!!! I was almost biting my kind friend's head off shooting back my argument because it doesn't make sense at all! I mean, if it is $200+ not refundable, I will just accept it as my bad luck, but it's more than 2K! I am in total denial! I mean, it cannot be possible and not have anyone making any noise! How can any one, with some compassion, a heart and a brain EAT UP 2K from normal civilians like us, and not even granting a residency status?!!
I will not pay that $2525 and not have it refunded to me! But then comes another worry - if I apply onshore for tourist visa, I have to stop working. Actually I can continue to work by requesting cash in hand, however, I need to talk to the younger boss, who is away on holidays at the moment, and won't be back until 15 July.... almost a week after my visa expires! ARGH! What can I do? Why do problems seem to be emerging one by one, never stopping?
Honestly, even though I do not like the life here, I still have some sentimental feelings for the place. As I've always mentioned, the people that I've met here are the main reason why I feel reluctant to leave. And also, the freedom that I will have to sacrifice if I go back to Singapore. However, at the moment in terms of my future and job prospects, I think I have to leave Australia. However, whatever the ending would be, I can go forward with ease now --- the power of support from your family....
Everything will be determined on July 9th - the day when my visa expires, and the day IELTS test results are released. Honestly, I do not have much confidence. What happened before when I had full confidence after my test??? I still didn't score. :(
Mom has decided to support me with whatever decisions I have come up with, and that includes me giving up my PR here (if my test on 26/6 didn't make it), going to Korea, and then back to Singapore. Perhaps she finally saw my misery and anxiety... Or perhaps Dad is back from Doha to bring Mom to the doctors and she feels much better with someone around... Or perhaps I managed to convince my parents.... Either way, Mom will be following Dad to Doha this week, and probably will be there to stay for a couple of months before heading back home. And if I did not manage to stay here, I will join them in Doha before flying to Korea... That is the current plan.
I have more headaches hitting me now. Just when I thought I can submit an application for PR and commit to submitting all documents within 28 days (and therefore earn myself another 28 days here), my friend affirmed my doubt of the words 'not refundable application fees'. Which means, upon submitting the application, you will need to pay, and this amount is NOT refundable. I thought I have read this online, but I wasn't so sure. Furthermore, the application fee for the visa that I will be applying costs me AUD $2525 for the first instalment, and it is NOT refundable! WTF!!! I was almost biting my kind friend's head off shooting back my argument because it doesn't make sense at all! I mean, if it is $200+ not refundable, I will just accept it as my bad luck, but it's more than 2K! I am in total denial! I mean, it cannot be possible and not have anyone making any noise! How can any one, with some compassion, a heart and a brain EAT UP 2K from normal civilians like us, and not even granting a residency status?!!
I will not pay that $2525 and not have it refunded to me! But then comes another worry - if I apply onshore for tourist visa, I have to stop working. Actually I can continue to work by requesting cash in hand, however, I need to talk to the younger boss, who is away on holidays at the moment, and won't be back until 15 July.... almost a week after my visa expires! ARGH! What can I do? Why do problems seem to be emerging one by one, never stopping?
Honestly, even though I do not like the life here, I still have some sentimental feelings for the place. As I've always mentioned, the people that I've met here are the main reason why I feel reluctant to leave. And also, the freedom that I will have to sacrifice if I go back to Singapore. However, at the moment in terms of my future and job prospects, I think I have to leave Australia. However, whatever the ending would be, I can go forward with ease now --- the power of support from your family....
Everything will be determined on July 9th - the day when my visa expires, and the day IELTS test results are released. Honestly, I do not have much confidence. What happened before when I had full confidence after my test??? I still didn't score. :(
Comments