Superb Sunday
Recently, due to all these "big decisions" that I have to make, with compulsory approval of me returning home from my parents, I have been having heaps of headache, sleeplessness, and not going out a lot. I really hope I have the choice to make my own decisions and not let anyone affect me! Despite that there are lots of things going on in my head, my social life has been pretty quiet. Sometimes I do not see why I need a mobile phone at all, when I do not even receive a SMS for many days in a row. Everyone seems busy, and I did not feel like I want to go out either. Aside from work, I am usually lazing in bed, drink, and watch dramas... Seems like a very wasted life that I am living.
Yesterday there was an exception. Met my ex-colleagues from Bevilles to have lunch in Fitzroy at 12pm. They suggested lunch at Bimbo Deluxe, which apparently is a pretty popular place (but I haven't heard, or been there). Each of us ordered a pizza each since the size of each pizza is pretty small.

There were me, Sarah and Kam... and Kirsten, who refused to take photos until she has lost weight! lol...

Pizzas!
I will have to find out the names of these pizzas and then post them on my food blog.
After that I went to work, but only for 2.5 hours. Left early since it was not busy (I had asked for a day off actually but was not approved cuz Sunday night can be really busy). Then I travelled to Roland and Chiria's house in Glen Waverly for a potluck dinner gathering. It is the long weekend (Monday is Queen's birthday, therefore a public holiday) so Roland thought he will organize something. As I hadn't had time to cook, I ordered sushi takeout from my restaurant instead. I have discount anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Our teacher, Hye Ri, was really concerned about my PR in AU, and kept asking about my plans. Ai-Lin, who was just back from her travels, was devastated that I might have to leave. She was devising on ways to keep me here, and asking around the table if anyone might have siblings/cousins/friends who are single and can marry/adopt me.... LOL... Tony and Mary advised me not to go back to stressful Asia, because (as what Mom has always said) Australia has very good welfare, and less stressful worklife. Daniel and Cathy offered to improve my reading 'ability' so I can pass my tests. Honestly, these bunch of people will be the people I will miss the most if I do leave Australia. We've known each other for a long time now, and it will be sad to be separated from them 7 hours away.
Had good fun at Roland and Chiria's. We chatted and played with little Nathan until 11.30pm....

Really like this quote on their wall.
Chiria bought it in Korea. Actually she has bought a lot of wall decorations from Korea and decorated their house beautifully.

With the hosts Roland and Chiria

Mary, Tony and cute little Nathan
Nathan is so cheeky now. And thanks to his parents, he can understand both Chinese AND Korean when spoken to in either languages. Since everyone in this group can speak some Korean, I always speak Mandarin to him, just like his Taiwanese daddy (Tony).

Nathan had great fun with Daniel.
Did you see Chiria is pregnant? She is 6 months now!! Expecting a baby boy in September. I am so happy for her!!!! Hopefully I can still be around to see her newborn.........


The sushi platter I got for them...
Cathy made meringue.... really really yummy with vanilla ice-cream and strawberry. Love those!
*********
On a phonecall with my mommy, I cried and apologized.
I felt guilty to have wasted her time when I was in Singapore.
But Mom surprised me by telling me that she has already sensed that he seems to be hiding something, and we do not seem compatible together. She did not tell me because she wants things to progress naturally. But she said that she did not feel that he can give me a good life, and she may even disapprove if we do end up together.
In fact, she said she was glad that she had a chance to meet him. At least she can be the extra pair of eyes for me.
I am glad, that at least on one thing Mommy stood by my side.
You cannot deny the sharp, keen eyes of an elder who has experienced life for more than half a century. She has seen more people than the bowls of rice I've eaten. She can tell what a person is like straight-away.
Mommy hopes I will be a good girl and totally give him up.
I will listen to this one.
Yesterday there was an exception. Met my ex-colleagues from Bevilles to have lunch in Fitzroy at 12pm. They suggested lunch at Bimbo Deluxe, which apparently is a pretty popular place (but I haven't heard, or been there). Each of us ordered a pizza each since the size of each pizza is pretty small.

There were me, Sarah and Kam... and Kirsten, who refused to take photos until she has lost weight! lol...

Pizzas!
I will have to find out the names of these pizzas and then post them on my food blog.
After that I went to work, but only for 2.5 hours. Left early since it was not busy (I had asked for a day off actually but was not approved cuz Sunday night can be really busy). Then I travelled to Roland and Chiria's house in Glen Waverly for a potluck dinner gathering. It is the long weekend (Monday is Queen's birthday, therefore a public holiday) so Roland thought he will organize something. As I hadn't had time to cook, I ordered sushi takeout from my restaurant instead. I have discount anyway, so it doesn't matter.
Our teacher, Hye Ri, was really concerned about my PR in AU, and kept asking about my plans. Ai-Lin, who was just back from her travels, was devastated that I might have to leave. She was devising on ways to keep me here, and asking around the table if anyone might have siblings/cousins/friends who are single and can marry/adopt me.... LOL... Tony and Mary advised me not to go back to stressful Asia, because (as what Mom has always said) Australia has very good welfare, and less stressful worklife. Daniel and Cathy offered to improve my reading 'ability' so I can pass my tests. Honestly, these bunch of people will be the people I will miss the most if I do leave Australia. We've known each other for a long time now, and it will be sad to be separated from them 7 hours away.
Had good fun at Roland and Chiria's. We chatted and played with little Nathan until 11.30pm....

Really like this quote on their wall.
Chiria bought it in Korea. Actually she has bought a lot of wall decorations from Korea and decorated their house beautifully.

With the hosts Roland and Chiria

Mary, Tony and cute little Nathan
Nathan is so cheeky now. And thanks to his parents, he can understand both Chinese AND Korean when spoken to in either languages. Since everyone in this group can speak some Korean, I always speak Mandarin to him, just like his Taiwanese daddy (Tony).

Nathan had great fun with Daniel.
Did you see Chiria is pregnant? She is 6 months now!! Expecting a baby boy in September. I am so happy for her!!!! Hopefully I can still be around to see her newborn.........


The sushi platter I got for them...
Cathy made meringue.... really really yummy with vanilla ice-cream and strawberry. Love those!
*********
On a phonecall with my mommy, I cried and apologized.
I felt guilty to have wasted her time when I was in Singapore.
But Mom surprised me by telling me that she has already sensed that he seems to be hiding something, and we do not seem compatible together. She did not tell me because she wants things to progress naturally. But she said that she did not feel that he can give me a good life, and she may even disapprove if we do end up together.
In fact, she said she was glad that she had a chance to meet him. At least she can be the extra pair of eyes for me.
I am glad, that at least on one thing Mommy stood by my side.
You cannot deny the sharp, keen eyes of an elder who has experienced life for more than half a century. She has seen more people than the bowls of rice I've eaten. She can tell what a person is like straight-away.
Mommy hopes I will be a good girl and totally give him up.
I will listen to this one.
Comments
On another note, I am glad u have sort things through and hopefully u would get over him soon.
Btw, I hope u can also pursue your happiness in Melbourne as well as fulfill your parents' wishes for u but I know life can be tough especially without a PR so I guess you could try to return to Singapore first and work out something before applying for PR overseas again.
Reading your blog for furthur updates to come :)
Well... I am still working which is the best option. Honestly, it is a pity to give up the welfare here, for in sg it's stressful living with not much medical benefits and we have to work til we die... The obvious differences I am aware of, but I am not liking things here a lot either. It's a tough choice.
I am considering going to Korea to fulfill my dreams. The question is, if I should go for 6 months straight after I leave Melbourne, then go back to sg; or go back sg and work for 2 years and then go to korea for a year....
Sigh.... all these questions spinning in my head.... so frustrating!
As for him.... well, I hope I can get over him too. It's been too long now... On that note, if you happen to call me and I did not pick up, can you sms me to tell me u called? Cuz I will not pick up any 'no number' calls in case it's him, and I get no caller ID for international calls... :(
Wonder if u would forget him first or would I be forgetting him first... :) looks like u probably be more successful forgetting him than me forgetting him...