Oh BROTHER!!! Part 5
Phone rings
Take 1
Customer: Can I order some take-away?
Me: Sure. What would you like?
Customer: (orders a couple of things)
Me: Sure. Anything else?
Customer: Yes, and a serve of PEKING DUCK.
Me: Uhh... I'm sorry???
Customer: (repeats) A serve of Peking Duck.
Me: ..... I'm sorry, sir, but this is a Japanese restaurant
Customer: Oh! So you don't have Peking Duck???
Take 2
Customer: Can I have the deep-fried tofu... I forgot the name of it... with the sauce.
Me: You mean agedashi tofu.
Customer: Yes, whatever the name is. It's deep-fried, with a BLACK BEAN SAUCE.
Me: Uhhh.... we do not have any black bean sauce, sir.
Customer: Oh! That dark sauce you put in the agedashi tofu then...
Just when I thought I have gotten over the phase of people ordering jasmine tea and stir-fried vegetables in oyster sauce in a Japanese restaurant, I have MORE things to get over with. Are westerners really that ignorant?!
Take 1
Customer: Can I order some take-away?
Me: Sure. What would you like?
Customer: (orders a couple of things)
Me: Sure. Anything else?
Customer: Yes, and a serve of PEKING DUCK.
Me: Uhh... I'm sorry???
Customer: (repeats) A serve of Peking Duck.
Me: ..... I'm sorry, sir, but this is a Japanese restaurant
Customer: Oh! So you don't have Peking Duck???
Take 2
Customer: Can I have the deep-fried tofu... I forgot the name of it... with the sauce.
Me: You mean agedashi tofu.
Customer: Yes, whatever the name is. It's deep-fried, with a BLACK BEAN SAUCE.
Me: Uhhh.... we do not have any black bean sauce, sir.
Customer: Oh! That dark sauce you put in the agedashi tofu then...
Just when I thought I have gotten over the phase of people ordering jasmine tea and stir-fried vegetables in oyster sauce in a Japanese restaurant, I have MORE things to get over with. Are westerners really that ignorant?!
Comments
You: Sorry Sir, I'm afraid we don't have that item on the menu.