Home Bound

Photobucket


There may be a very high possibility, that I will be going back home to Singapore.... very very soon.


Evaluating my current situation, it is probably best for me to head back instead of dwelling in Melbourne. It is a waste of time and money to do another degree when it is high time I build a career before it's too late. There is every possibility that I will migrate here eventually, but when my future is concerned, I will probably have to start somewhere in Singapore, then work out what my next step will be. I am unsure of my chances to find a media-related job in Singapore, but then I am sure that the competition will be on par there as compared to competing in Australia, in terms of having strong preferences for locals in this industry. If nothing works out, I can do teaching too. I believe I will like teaching, and NIE will be able to assist me to achieve the necessary skills to teach.

Plus, Mommy is not well. As much as I know she has her eccentric ways and I can only be a hindrance around her, however, Dad told me that deep down inside she hopes that I can be around because of old age and deteriorating health. I will probably have to sacrifice the freedom I possess in Melbourne, perhaps for my own good in career-building, and for Mommy's sake too.

Right now, nothing is confirmed. However, it looks like I will be back in August.... for good. My visa ends July, but then I thought of applying for tourist visa so that I can stay and finish up my Korean classes, plus settle some other stuff (e.g. selling things, send things for shipping back home etc). Probably might not be able to work in that month or so though....

I wonder what it will be like to start life in Singapore again after all these years of absence?? I can't deny I have grown too accustommed to the life here, and being in control of myself... And farewells are always the most difficult.... :(

Comments

Popular Posts