Enjoyable Saturday......

...... other than this hiccup on a train ride to Watergardens.

That middle-aged bearded man was totally INSANE! He was yelling during the entire train ride with lots of vulgarities, condemning Asians. He hollered that we Asians do not belong in Australia, and we should all get out of the country. He said that we are all monkeys. He threatened all Asians, with the emphasis of Vietnamese and Chinese, that we should not let him see us if not he will kill us anywhere he bumps into us. Initially, he simply sat in his seat and threatened aloud. No one budged nor cared. It is not uncommon for people like this to appear on the train. Some people have a different thing to yell about, but most of them are pretty harmless (just drunk or crazy).

However, as more and more passengers alighted at Footscray, Ginifer, St. Albans etc, the situation changed.... Eventually, the entire carriage was left with only me, another Asian guy, and another guy with a cap whom I have no idea what nationality he is since his back was facing me. That was when trouble started.

The insane fella stalked up to me, and right in my face, yelled at me: "YOU!! FUCKING ASIANS GET OUT OF THE COUNTRY! GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE TRAIN! YOU FUCKING MONKEYS SHOULDN'T BE HERE! DO YOU FUCKIN UNDERSTAND???!!" Honestly, I was terrified. The train was moving and I cannot get off. He reeked of alcohol. The only thing I could do was to get out of his way and moved to sit with the Asian guy, whilst the lunatic kept on yelling at me (or us... I can't determine). FORTUNATELY he did not touch me! When we arrived at the next stop, I quickly ran off the carriage and changed to the next one.

The reason why I was terrified is because, I was seated with my back facing him, and when he stalked up to me, it could have been dangerous! Who knows if he'd have carried a knife/weapon with him? He sounded so murderous before! I could've been hurt!

No one stood up and defend the Asians. Not even Asians themselves. No doubt people do not want trouble, but then I believe if this lunatic was insulting the Australians, someone would have gave him a thrashing straightaway.

Unfortunately I got to go to Watergardens, and it seems like Sydenham line always have this weird people. Almost everytime I take this line I will encounter people insane in different ways.

**********


Met Eva and Zoe at Watergardens. Shopped and had lunch at La Porchetta. Zoe is now 2 years and 1 month old. And she can say a lot of words now!! Some of the words she tried to say sounds 'off-key' but she sounded so cute saying them! I heard her calling me "A-yi" today!! But sometimes she couldn't pronounce 'yi' so she called me "A-ya" instead. Hahaha... The way she wrapped her arms around my neck when I carry her was very warming. Also when she came running after me crying "A-ya!!!" when I walked off to the ATM to draw money, or go to the toilet. But she's getting a lot heavier.... 13kg now and I felt carrying her isn't as easy as it was before already. Fortunately she prefers to walk on her own majority of the time...

Photobucket
I asked her to stick out her tongue in Mandarin, and she did!
Love darling Zoe.... :)

Photobucket
Playing with my new mobile...

Photobucket
Zoe and Eva

Photobucket
My affogato and Zoe's babychino in San Churros.

**********


Went home briefly to rest, wash my face and change. Then went out for dinner with Yiyi... Kylie wasn't sure if she will be able to join us for a quick meet-up after her church concert, but in the end she wasn't able to make it. Quite a pity cuz we haven't got a mutual time that we can meet before I go for holidays. Yiyi and I went to Hallah on Victoria Street (just beside Wooga) and had Korean food for dinner. As usual, when we are at Korean restaurants, I do the ordering. The waiters and waitresses there were really surprised to hear me speak Korean, since Yiyi and I were yakking non-stop in Mandarin the second we entered the restaurant.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Dragon chicken was really spicy! But pretty tasty...
Soy-bean paste soup was quite nice... One of my favorite Korean soup, however not very popular among non-Koreans because of its strong smell and taste.

Photobucket
Kimchi pancake... really small one cuz we ordered a small size... however we weren't expecting this small!

Photobucket
Jap chae

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Yiyi and I

The meals at Hallah were pretty small portions... It wasn't very expensive though...

4.5 more days and I'll be off... I am really excited now! :)

Comments

Popular Posts