8 More Days
Just 8 more days now... and I will be setting off. Still some distance to go, and I haven't even started packing a single molecule. But I do admit I am a last minute person, so now it's definitely way too early. Furthermore, I do not have any time yet to really start packing. At least I have already got my checklist organized in case I do forget something.....
I don't know if this is a "Pre-departure" syndrome or not, because as the day is inching closer, I feel less excited, and more worried about things. In other words, I feel more insecure. Especially people I've been talking to gave me the feeling of insecurty somehow. Was told about lost baggages, valuable things stolen from luggage bags, many pickpockets in HK, cold weather in Korea (not that I am worried about that!), insurance, etc. Despite trying to assure myself that everything will be OK, but then there is still no 100%, is there? I guess I can only pray that everything will go on as planned, with no glitches.
The good thing is, everyone said that the trip will be a good one. I believe so too. It has to be! I am finally getting out of work and do something I really like... And finally, KOREA...
During this period of time, I worked so much, and played so much too. There isn't a moment I really rested. Last Friday, finally got to meet Yiyi. She is FINALLY back here! We went to Kanpai on Chapel Street to have dinner. Too engrossed in chatting and eating to take photos... The lady boss at Kanpai knows us very well as we are regular customers. As Yiyi wasn't here for almost 3 months, we haven't been there since then, so she was wondering where we were.
Then last Saturday, I organized a meet-up for my Korean class friends. Unfortunately most of them couldn't make it in the end... Sadly... But the 'regulars' (and probably the peeps I'm closer to) are present - Daniel, Ai-lin, Tony and Mary (Jingyan had to pull out last minute cuz she was sick!!). I've decided on Wooga (on Victoria St) cuz I desperately wanted to try the BBQ there (heard it's good). Indeed, the BBQ at Wooga was fantastic! And it was really cheap too! A Combo D has so much food, that the 5 of us were stuffed afterwards. And it cost only $115, shared amongst 5 of us~! Wooga is the Sino (Chinese) for "Cow house" in Korean (牛家), therefore their main BBQ is beef, and really good beef too.
Went to Starbucks after dinner for a cold drink. Luckily they have decided to put back the dark mocha frappuccino on the menu, if not, I'd have nothing that I want to drink. Don't really dig Starbucks because their coffee is seriously not up to standard. Though I am definitely not the best barista, but I swear I can make much better coffee than Starbucks could.... Anyway, we chilled there til almost 11pm before heading back.
Still waiting for some food photos from Ai-lin's camera~ And I will need to check out the names of some food as I've forgotten them by now.... But, the taste still remain in my memory. Hopefully when all the information is ready, I can post on my food blog (which reminds me that it's time to update/complete my blog!)

Wooga explained

BBQ in your face
In this pic: Tony and Daniel

Baek Sae Ju - literally meaning "Hundred years wine"
Glutinous rice-based liquor with ginseng and other herbs. First time trying this. Taste surprisingly good!

Ai-lin, Mary and me...
Not a very good pic... Ai-lin has the good ones on her camera... Still waiting for her photos...

Mary and I
Thanks for the many tips on Seoul!

Mary and Ai-lin
More gatherings on Thursday and Saturday (my only days off). Other than that, I am mostly stuck at work... Got to get that luggage out and start packing some stuff I'm gonna bring something this week!
I don't know if this is a "Pre-departure" syndrome or not, because as the day is inching closer, I feel less excited, and more worried about things. In other words, I feel more insecure. Especially people I've been talking to gave me the feeling of insecurty somehow. Was told about lost baggages, valuable things stolen from luggage bags, many pickpockets in HK, cold weather in Korea (not that I am worried about that!), insurance, etc. Despite trying to assure myself that everything will be OK, but then there is still no 100%, is there? I guess I can only pray that everything will go on as planned, with no glitches.
The good thing is, everyone said that the trip will be a good one. I believe so too. It has to be! I am finally getting out of work and do something I really like... And finally, KOREA...
During this period of time, I worked so much, and played so much too. There isn't a moment I really rested. Last Friday, finally got to meet Yiyi. She is FINALLY back here! We went to Kanpai on Chapel Street to have dinner. Too engrossed in chatting and eating to take photos... The lady boss at Kanpai knows us very well as we are regular customers. As Yiyi wasn't here for almost 3 months, we haven't been there since then, so she was wondering where we were.
Then last Saturday, I organized a meet-up for my Korean class friends. Unfortunately most of them couldn't make it in the end... Sadly... But the 'regulars' (and probably the peeps I'm closer to) are present - Daniel, Ai-lin, Tony and Mary (Jingyan had to pull out last minute cuz she was sick!!). I've decided on Wooga (on Victoria St) cuz I desperately wanted to try the BBQ there (heard it's good). Indeed, the BBQ at Wooga was fantastic! And it was really cheap too! A Combo D has so much food, that the 5 of us were stuffed afterwards. And it cost only $115, shared amongst 5 of us~! Wooga is the Sino (Chinese) for "Cow house" in Korean (牛家), therefore their main BBQ is beef, and really good beef too.
Went to Starbucks after dinner for a cold drink. Luckily they have decided to put back the dark mocha frappuccino on the menu, if not, I'd have nothing that I want to drink. Don't really dig Starbucks because their coffee is seriously not up to standard. Though I am definitely not the best barista, but I swear I can make much better coffee than Starbucks could.... Anyway, we chilled there til almost 11pm before heading back.
Still waiting for some food photos from Ai-lin's camera~ And I will need to check out the names of some food as I've forgotten them by now.... But, the taste still remain in my memory. Hopefully when all the information is ready, I can post on my food blog (which reminds me that it's time to update/complete my blog!)

Wooga explained

BBQ in your face
In this pic: Tony and Daniel

Baek Sae Ju - literally meaning "Hundred years wine"
Glutinous rice-based liquor with ginseng and other herbs. First time trying this. Taste surprisingly good!

Ai-lin, Mary and me...
Not a very good pic... Ai-lin has the good ones on her camera... Still waiting for her photos...

Mary and I
Thanks for the many tips on Seoul!

Mary and Ai-lin
More gatherings on Thursday and Saturday (my only days off). Other than that, I am mostly stuck at work... Got to get that luggage out and start packing some stuff I'm gonna bring something this week!
Comments