Joanna's Visit to Melbourne
First of all, I am extremely grateful to Joanna for coming to Melbourne and provided me with lots of warmth, fun and laughter. The 2 of us put together, though, is a seriously bad idea, because the amount of crap we can come up with is COUNTLESS!! Hahahaha.... We can crap about anything and everything, and we make people smack their foreheads and laugh til they roll in pain... That's the power of our combination. Joanna's friend, Geraldine, who traveled with her here, is a more reserved girl, yet we managed to tickle her laughing bones. So much fun....
I did not travel everywhere with them. Joanna and Geraldine went on tours for Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island, and they drove to the Mornington Peninsula. I did not join them on those tours. I have to work as usual, however, I have spent all my off times with the girls and took them to different places. I have a list of places I wanted to take them, and Joanna has done her research as well, therefore we can compare our lists.
Last Saturday (12/12), I brought them to Fitzroy, where Smith Street factory outlets, Brunswick Street and Gertrude Street are. These are the places where there are lots of cheaper brands (such as Nike/Adidas). After which, we headed back to the city and had fish and chips for lunch at BluFish near my workplace. Then we made our way to Bridge Road for more shopping. I have not intended to buy anything but in the end, I got myself an Esprit jacket for $45.... Joanna has already spent $200 on Levi's jeans and Nike tops....
Dinner was at Dae Jang Geum in Chinatown. We had a kimchi chigae hot plate, jap chae and seafood pancake.

A very nice grafatti on Johnston Street (a street connecting Brunswick and Smith Streets) just beside a petrol station

Dinner at Dae Jang Geum
Wednesday (16/12): Met up with them after work and had dinner together at Ants Bistro. Ordered a few Chinese dishes and had a lovely meal. Then we had pancakes at Pancake Parlour for dessert after.

We ordered fish, potato strips, 蚂蚁上树 and tofu + veg

Pictures with the girls + with the food

"Alice in Wonderland" pancake we had for our dessert
Homemade chocolate syrup + ice-cream+ colour 'rice' freckles (as I call them)

Sipping the pint of homemade lemonade together.
Friday (18/12): Also met up with them after work and soon headed for dinner. I recommended Cafe Giraffe because it has a great ambience with cheap and good food. And I am glad they liked it! The moment they entered they were gasping at how cute the place is... Definitely one of my fave hangout places.
Also went to Eureka Skydeck. First time up there. 88 floors with a not-scary 'The Edge' where you stand in a square box with glass floors, and the box moves a few metres out of the building, giving you a clear view of what's underneath and around. Probably will scared the shit out of you if you are seriously afraid of heights. I am afraid of heights, but surprisingly that was OK for me.
After Eureka, I brought the girls to Crown Casino, and had drinks by the riverside.

Pictures at Giraffe Cafe

My mushroom risotto and strong latte

Joanna's spaghetti meatballs and Geraldine's mushroom penne and mango smoothie

Eureka skydeck

Some views from the 88th floor...
Cannot seem to get good quality shots with the night scene....
I reckon these 2 are the best ones I have...

This band was given to us for the ride on "The Edge". Of course we will survive! It's not scary!

Some tipsy 'ang moh' offered to take us a photo in the lift... so we did...
Saturday (19/12): Brighton Beach time! Met them at noon time on the train itself and we headed down to the beach. First had some sandwiches from Subway and then we walked down to where the colourful houses are. Took photos and sat down in front of one of them and chilled, munching chips. Very relaxing. But I got a little bit burnt despite having sun screen on.
After Brighton Beach, we went to Docklands briefly before going on to the Shrine of Remembrance and the parks around it. After that we went to Pho Dzung to have Vietnamese noodles for dinner. This place actually is a recommended place, but in Victoria St (North Richmond). The one we went to was on Russell Street in the city. The service was crap, but the food wasn't too bad.
After dinner, I went back to the hotel with them after getting some pies and beers. Had fun watching "King Kong" on TV, eating and drinking.

The sea always has a calming effect on me

Colourful houses along Brighton Beach

Pictures with the colourful houses

Joanna and I

Brighton Beach 2009!

Pictures at the Shrine of Remembrance

Dinner @ Pho Dzung

I had the Corona (my fave beer). Geraldine had the VB (cuz she hasn't tried the beer here and she is a beer drinker). Joanna had the juice (cuz she doesn't drink). The Heineken and vodka belongs to me.

I believe PIE FACE is new here... their pies are really good! Love the apple crumble on the right.
On the left box we had lemon, cherry and chocolate pies...
Yummy...
Sunday (20/12): Last day of their trip. Went to the Sunday Market at The Arts Centre to help Joanna get a Christmas gift for Geraldine. However, the fairy tale diary she saw last Sunday at the same stall was sold out, so in the end did not get anything. After that I headed to Queen Victoria Market to meet up with them and Joanna and I had 2 dozens of fresh oysters between us, and some fresh prawns (which were rather frozen so in the end I got to take them all home...)
Joanna and Geraldine boarded the airport-bound shuttle bus at 2pm. Bade them farewell.... Sad to see them go, especially Joanna. I will miss this good friend of mine who has always been supportive to me. All of us were extremely tired from the past week, but we were happy.

Joanna and I awed with the fresh oysters!

Yummmmmmm....
And then it's back to my old life for a few days. I already have plans for Christmas and it will be fun... Can't wait to take a few days' complete rest!
p/s: For more photos, please see my facebook (if you have my account that is!)
I did not travel everywhere with them. Joanna and Geraldine went on tours for Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island, and they drove to the Mornington Peninsula. I did not join them on those tours. I have to work as usual, however, I have spent all my off times with the girls and took them to different places. I have a list of places I wanted to take them, and Joanna has done her research as well, therefore we can compare our lists.
Last Saturday (12/12), I brought them to Fitzroy, where Smith Street factory outlets, Brunswick Street and Gertrude Street are. These are the places where there are lots of cheaper brands (such as Nike/Adidas). After which, we headed back to the city and had fish and chips for lunch at BluFish near my workplace. Then we made our way to Bridge Road for more shopping. I have not intended to buy anything but in the end, I got myself an Esprit jacket for $45.... Joanna has already spent $200 on Levi's jeans and Nike tops....
Dinner was at Dae Jang Geum in Chinatown. We had a kimchi chigae hot plate, jap chae and seafood pancake.

A very nice grafatti on Johnston Street (a street connecting Brunswick and Smith Streets) just beside a petrol station

Dinner at Dae Jang Geum
Wednesday (16/12): Met up with them after work and had dinner together at Ants Bistro. Ordered a few Chinese dishes and had a lovely meal. Then we had pancakes at Pancake Parlour for dessert after.

We ordered fish, potato strips, 蚂蚁上树 and tofu + veg

Pictures with the girls + with the food

"Alice in Wonderland" pancake we had for our dessert
Homemade chocolate syrup + ice-cream+ colour 'rice' freckles (as I call them)

Sipping the pint of homemade lemonade together.
Friday (18/12): Also met up with them after work and soon headed for dinner. I recommended Cafe Giraffe because it has a great ambience with cheap and good food. And I am glad they liked it! The moment they entered they were gasping at how cute the place is... Definitely one of my fave hangout places.
Also went to Eureka Skydeck. First time up there. 88 floors with a not-scary 'The Edge' where you stand in a square box with glass floors, and the box moves a few metres out of the building, giving you a clear view of what's underneath and around. Probably will scared the shit out of you if you are seriously afraid of heights. I am afraid of heights, but surprisingly that was OK for me.
After Eureka, I brought the girls to Crown Casino, and had drinks by the riverside.

Pictures at Giraffe Cafe

My mushroom risotto and strong latte

Joanna's spaghetti meatballs and Geraldine's mushroom penne and mango smoothie

Eureka skydeck

Some views from the 88th floor...
Cannot seem to get good quality shots with the night scene....
I reckon these 2 are the best ones I have...

This band was given to us for the ride on "The Edge". Of course we will survive! It's not scary!

Some tipsy 'ang moh' offered to take us a photo in the lift... so we did...
Saturday (19/12): Brighton Beach time! Met them at noon time on the train itself and we headed down to the beach. First had some sandwiches from Subway and then we walked down to where the colourful houses are. Took photos and sat down in front of one of them and chilled, munching chips. Very relaxing. But I got a little bit burnt despite having sun screen on.
After Brighton Beach, we went to Docklands briefly before going on to the Shrine of Remembrance and the parks around it. After that we went to Pho Dzung to have Vietnamese noodles for dinner. This place actually is a recommended place, but in Victoria St (North Richmond). The one we went to was on Russell Street in the city. The service was crap, but the food wasn't too bad.
After dinner, I went back to the hotel with them after getting some pies and beers. Had fun watching "King Kong" on TV, eating and drinking.

The sea always has a calming effect on me

Colourful houses along Brighton Beach

Pictures with the colourful houses

Joanna and I

Brighton Beach 2009!

Pictures at the Shrine of Remembrance

Dinner @ Pho Dzung

I had the Corona (my fave beer). Geraldine had the VB (cuz she hasn't tried the beer here and she is a beer drinker). Joanna had the juice (cuz she doesn't drink). The Heineken and vodka belongs to me.

I believe PIE FACE is new here... their pies are really good! Love the apple crumble on the right.
On the left box we had lemon, cherry and chocolate pies...
Yummy...
Sunday (20/12): Last day of their trip. Went to the Sunday Market at The Arts Centre to help Joanna get a Christmas gift for Geraldine. However, the fairy tale diary she saw last Sunday at the same stall was sold out, so in the end did not get anything. After that I headed to Queen Victoria Market to meet up with them and Joanna and I had 2 dozens of fresh oysters between us, and some fresh prawns (which were rather frozen so in the end I got to take them all home...)
Joanna and Geraldine boarded the airport-bound shuttle bus at 2pm. Bade them farewell.... Sad to see them go, especially Joanna. I will miss this good friend of mine who has always been supportive to me. All of us were extremely tired from the past week, but we were happy.

Joanna and I awed with the fresh oysters!

Yummmmmmm....
And then it's back to my old life for a few days. I already have plans for Christmas and it will be fun... Can't wait to take a few days' complete rest!
p/s: For more photos, please see my facebook (if you have my account that is!)
Comments