Busy NYE
Right now, I am trying to gobble up my dinner (or rather, SUPPER) as I am super duper hungry after a big busy night. Honestly, my legs are falling apart... Thinking I have to start at 7am tomorrow, means I have to be up by 5.45am, and I am not even in bed yet (at 12.45am current time). And I have to work from 7am til midnight... non-stop.... HOW???
Feel quite refreshed now after a shower too.... But I have to tuck myself to bed very soon....
Just now, Sozai went berserk. I was gambling with my luck and kept taking reservations, however, only to request customers come at later times. The restaurant was totally BOOKED out and was so full and busy, and there were only 4 of us! Ryo and Subong are relatively new and they couldn't really help to back up whilst managing their own sections. The only backup person who can run around (the Float person), Benise, has to serve upstairs and she's more-or-less stuck there. I am the Bar person who has to handle drinks/tills/bookings/takeaway orders/the boss/phonecalls and manage the entire flow of the restaurant. Honestly, I nearly screwed up, but I was very 'heng' to get away with it as most of our customers were very cooperative after I patiently explained to them with a sweaty forehead.
The only boo-boo was a customer from upstairs, who complained that they have booked a table, however, only to come to the restaurant without a table all ready for them. I have over-estimated my timings and thought I will be able to churn out a table for them in time. At that situation I was totally rummaging through my memory the possibilities for them. In the end Benise and I managed to settle them down within 5minutes but they were just not satisfied. At the end of the night, they were still complaining, and Benise has to ask me to talk to them. Surprisingly, after I've talked to them, they were very satisfied..... Hmmmm... Perhaps I just have a glib tongue and am sincere enough....?
This week, other than Monday (when Sozai was closed), I have to work every single night, INCLUDING new year's eve and new year's day. PLUS, I still have to work in the day.
Next week, other than Thursday, I have to work every single night too. As I have already resigned, I will not be going to Bevilles every day, but I will still be working 3 days a week for the month of January. Wednesday and Saturday I will start lunches at Sozai. I have yet to work lunch before and it will be a new challenge as there will only be one service staff for lunch therefore I will be the only person handling everything.
I am still wondering how am I going to celebrate NYE. Honestly, I don't think I am up to counting down in the crowd in the city.... I'll probably just sleep after the clock strikes 12am and 2010 has already arrived. I really want to party... But then I have no more energy.....
Busy busy... But right now, I have to think how am I gonna survive tomorrow... : (
Feel quite refreshed now after a shower too.... But I have to tuck myself to bed very soon....
Just now, Sozai went berserk. I was gambling with my luck and kept taking reservations, however, only to request customers come at later times. The restaurant was totally BOOKED out and was so full and busy, and there were only 4 of us! Ryo and Subong are relatively new and they couldn't really help to back up whilst managing their own sections. The only backup person who can run around (the Float person), Benise, has to serve upstairs and she's more-or-less stuck there. I am the Bar person who has to handle drinks/tills/bookings/takeaway orders/the boss/phonecalls and manage the entire flow of the restaurant. Honestly, I nearly screwed up, but I was very 'heng' to get away with it as most of our customers were very cooperative after I patiently explained to them with a sweaty forehead.
The only boo-boo was a customer from upstairs, who complained that they have booked a table, however, only to come to the restaurant without a table all ready for them. I have over-estimated my timings and thought I will be able to churn out a table for them in time. At that situation I was totally rummaging through my memory the possibilities for them. In the end Benise and I managed to settle them down within 5minutes but they were just not satisfied. At the end of the night, they were still complaining, and Benise has to ask me to talk to them. Surprisingly, after I've talked to them, they were very satisfied..... Hmmmm... Perhaps I just have a glib tongue and am sincere enough....?
This week, other than Monday (when Sozai was closed), I have to work every single night, INCLUDING new year's eve and new year's day. PLUS, I still have to work in the day.
Next week, other than Thursday, I have to work every single night too. As I have already resigned, I will not be going to Bevilles every day, but I will still be working 3 days a week for the month of January. Wednesday and Saturday I will start lunches at Sozai. I have yet to work lunch before and it will be a new challenge as there will only be one service staff for lunch therefore I will be the only person handling everything.
I am still wondering how am I going to celebrate NYE. Honestly, I don't think I am up to counting down in the crowd in the city.... I'll probably just sleep after the clock strikes 12am and 2010 has already arrived. I really want to party... But then I have no more energy.....
Busy busy... But right now, I have to think how am I gonna survive tomorrow... : (
Comments