Great times this Christmas
Had a really good Christmas this year..... Can't say I have had a good rest considering that I have been up before noon since (usually I will sleep til whenever I want to - always until 2pm or so)... But all have been worth it...
Christmas Eve 24.12.09
Started work at 7am at the office. It has been a week since I have been starting 7 or 7.30am and I am seriously exhausted because of that. However I survived through this period and our last challenge and sweaty effort for a 10.15am case on Xmas eve was awarded with loud cheers and exchange of Christmas presents between colleagues of my department.
Brooke, Maria and I exchanged gifts. Leanne also got me an accessories box. Dalia got me chocolates. Not many presents but that's enough. We had a Kris Kringle the day before but not everyone was in it (neither was I). Left office at 1pm after I finished off everything. Then headed back home to have a nap.
At around 6pm I left for Yongshan and Shu Yea's new place in North Melbourne. Had Christmas eve dinner at their place. Shu Yea cooked a really yummy 排骨王, ma pou tofu, and steamed iceberg lettuce topped with pan-fried garlic and oyster sauce. Yummy!!!
Yakked til around 12am on the dot then we opened our Christmas pressies to each other. I got both of them different designs bell-shaped wind chime which were hand-crafted. Plus, a stack of Haighs chocolate each. Shu Yea got me an accessories box. Yongshan gave me a set of body care products. I like them all very much! Just before Christmas, I was thinking of getting myself a couple of jewelry boxes to house all my accessories. How would I know I would be getting TWO for this Christmas?? Hehehe...

this 排骨王 is a dish from Tawau, Sabah. Shu Yea found the recipe to cook it and it tastes really yummy!!

Ma pou tofu

One of my most favorite vege - iceberg lettuce
I swear other lettuces do not taste as nice as this one! This one taste good stir-fried, steamed, dumped in soup, and even just raw!

Grape flavour sparkling wine that the sisters bought.
I also got some beer for them...

A mini Xmas tree and presents underneath

The sisters admiring their gifts

My presents...
Christmas Day 25.12.09
Stayed overnight at the sisters' place and then on Christmas Day, we went to Brighton Beach after breakfast and had a really good time there. Spent about 3-4hours at the beach, forgetting our sunscreen (which is really really bad, especially it's Melbourne you are talking about!) and Yongshan got quite burnt after that. I got a good tan, though my skin do kinda sting when I got under the shower. And it was only 22 degrees that day...
I suppose this is my 3rd or 4th time at Brighton Beach this year alone... But I still like the place~ Probably will go back again real soon since it's so near my place~

Brighton Beach on Christmas Day

My fave pic of the day
Last time I did not jump successfully for the camera...
This time I did it!


A funny photo, and a nice "model" one :p

Pics together under a bright red house

More photos together...
After the beach, the sisters came to my house briefly whilst I quickly packed another set of clothes as I will be staying another night at their place. Then went back to their home again and they started cooking hainanese chicken rice and some veges (bean sprouts + tofu), whilst I was trying to figure out a puzzle game that Shu Yea has (Dr. Wood's Lokulus). Had dinner together and we were all tired out... Didn't do much after dinner except to laze around and had our ice-cream cake...

Dinner...

Chris also came over for dinner~

Ice-cream cakes after
Boxing Day 26.12.09
They said David Jones and Myer will open from 6am, and the sisters initially have decided to go out at around that time to join the early crowd. However, even though Shu Yea managed to wake at 6am, Yongshan and I couldn't. I woke up the latest, at 9.45am. In the end, we decided to have an early lunch and headed out. I really hate shopping on Boxing Day! So many people everywhere! I hate wrestling through the crowds! It's tiring, and pointless. Honestly, we went in Myers for a bit and I simply cannot wait to get out. So what if they were Fiorelli bags and Hush Puppies shoes? All that was left on the shelves are evidence of a big tornado having swept through the entire store, and everything was in a terrible mess. In the end, we went to South Wharf DFO as the sisters haven't been there before. There was also a big crowd there, but then it was much more manageable. Almost got myself a pair of shoes, but in the end, managed to hold myself back. Yongshan bought a top, and that was about it. We saw many people with bags big and small. We seemed to be the only ones with nothing.
Dropped by Crown's Grecco to have some cakes. The double chocolate cake was yummy, but the blackforest one didn't taste fresh. Service was mediocre. Plus, the three of us were tired... Returned back to their place at 5.30pm and I quickly packed my things and left for my own home after. Reached home 7pm and relaxed til now....
Rich gave me a $20 iTunes gift card!!! Woooottt!!! I got him Lindor chocolates as well.
Sunday will be a relaxing day for me, I suppose. At least for now I haven't got anything planned, but I intend to have a real good rest. Monday is supposed to be a public holiday, but I will be going back to the office to do some work. And from Tuesday onwards I will be REAL BUSY. I have to work every single night, and every single day.... SIGH!!!
Meanwhile, have fun while it lasts....
Christmas Eve 24.12.09
Started work at 7am at the office. It has been a week since I have been starting 7 or 7.30am and I am seriously exhausted because of that. However I survived through this period and our last challenge and sweaty effort for a 10.15am case on Xmas eve was awarded with loud cheers and exchange of Christmas presents between colleagues of my department.
Brooke, Maria and I exchanged gifts. Leanne also got me an accessories box. Dalia got me chocolates. Not many presents but that's enough. We had a Kris Kringle the day before but not everyone was in it (neither was I). Left office at 1pm after I finished off everything. Then headed back home to have a nap.
At around 6pm I left for Yongshan and Shu Yea's new place in North Melbourne. Had Christmas eve dinner at their place. Shu Yea cooked a really yummy 排骨王, ma pou tofu, and steamed iceberg lettuce topped with pan-fried garlic and oyster sauce. Yummy!!!
Yakked til around 12am on the dot then we opened our Christmas pressies to each other. I got both of them different designs bell-shaped wind chime which were hand-crafted. Plus, a stack of Haighs chocolate each. Shu Yea got me an accessories box. Yongshan gave me a set of body care products. I like them all very much! Just before Christmas, I was thinking of getting myself a couple of jewelry boxes to house all my accessories. How would I know I would be getting TWO for this Christmas?? Hehehe...

this 排骨王 is a dish from Tawau, Sabah. Shu Yea found the recipe to cook it and it tastes really yummy!!

Ma pou tofu

One of my most favorite vege - iceberg lettuce
I swear other lettuces do not taste as nice as this one! This one taste good stir-fried, steamed, dumped in soup, and even just raw!

Grape flavour sparkling wine that the sisters bought.
I also got some beer for them...

A mini Xmas tree and presents underneath

The sisters admiring their gifts

My presents...
Christmas Day 25.12.09
Stayed overnight at the sisters' place and then on Christmas Day, we went to Brighton Beach after breakfast and had a really good time there. Spent about 3-4hours at the beach, forgetting our sunscreen (which is really really bad, especially it's Melbourne you are talking about!) and Yongshan got quite burnt after that. I got a good tan, though my skin do kinda sting when I got under the shower. And it was only 22 degrees that day...
I suppose this is my 3rd or 4th time at Brighton Beach this year alone... But I still like the place~ Probably will go back again real soon since it's so near my place~

Brighton Beach on Christmas Day

My fave pic of the day
Last time I did not jump successfully for the camera...
This time I did it!


A funny photo, and a nice "model" one :p

Pics together under a bright red house

More photos together...
After the beach, the sisters came to my house briefly whilst I quickly packed another set of clothes as I will be staying another night at their place. Then went back to their home again and they started cooking hainanese chicken rice and some veges (bean sprouts + tofu), whilst I was trying to figure out a puzzle game that Shu Yea has (Dr. Wood's Lokulus). Had dinner together and we were all tired out... Didn't do much after dinner except to laze around and had our ice-cream cake...

Dinner...

Chris also came over for dinner~

Ice-cream cakes after
Boxing Day 26.12.09
They said David Jones and Myer will open from 6am, and the sisters initially have decided to go out at around that time to join the early crowd. However, even though Shu Yea managed to wake at 6am, Yongshan and I couldn't. I woke up the latest, at 9.45am. In the end, we decided to have an early lunch and headed out. I really hate shopping on Boxing Day! So many people everywhere! I hate wrestling through the crowds! It's tiring, and pointless. Honestly, we went in Myers for a bit and I simply cannot wait to get out. So what if they were Fiorelli bags and Hush Puppies shoes? All that was left on the shelves are evidence of a big tornado having swept through the entire store, and everything was in a terrible mess. In the end, we went to South Wharf DFO as the sisters haven't been there before. There was also a big crowd there, but then it was much more manageable. Almost got myself a pair of shoes, but in the end, managed to hold myself back. Yongshan bought a top, and that was about it. We saw many people with bags big and small. We seemed to be the only ones with nothing.
Dropped by Crown's Grecco to have some cakes. The double chocolate cake was yummy, but the blackforest one didn't taste fresh. Service was mediocre. Plus, the three of us were tired... Returned back to their place at 5.30pm and I quickly packed my things and left for my own home after. Reached home 7pm and relaxed til now....
Rich gave me a $20 iTunes gift card!!! Woooottt!!! I got him Lindor chocolates as well.
Sunday will be a relaxing day for me, I suppose. At least for now I haven't got anything planned, but I intend to have a real good rest. Monday is supposed to be a public holiday, but I will be going back to the office to do some work. And from Tuesday onwards I will be REAL BUSY. I have to work every single night, and every single day.... SIGH!!!
Meanwhile, have fun while it lasts....
Comments