The New Diamond Invoicer

I have been working in the Invoicing department for almost 2months now, but it was 2 days ago that everything get official.

I am now officially the DIAMONDS INVOICER. Therefore I will deal with everything that is diamond-related - from ordering of stock to its delivery, and dealing with the invoices after deliveries were made. Penn, the (now) previous diamond invoicer, and my manager, sent a mass email out to all the suppliers of our diamond stock, announcing that me, Clarice will be taking over and all correspondence will come to me. My job has officially started, and I will be mostly on my own. Glenn, our HR manager has also sent out an email to everyone in the company about my role. Therefore, it's OFFICIAL.

My training period has passed. I survived. Now Penn is going through with me all the rest of the misc stuff that I'll need to know, such as sku-ing new stock and superseeding the sample stock. Penn, on the other hand, has been promoted to a senior invoicer, and she will be the 'float' person amongst us invoicer. Apart from her other daily tasks, she will also be helping the rest of us when we have too much to do.

Come August/September, there will be major changes in the office. Soon, there will be a new big room for all stock handling (a combination of the current case-room, silver safe, party plan room and printer room). Mandy, warehouse supervisor, would be moving into this big room overseeing everything. Her current desk will then be occupied by Penn. I will then move to Penn's current desk. And my current desk will be occupied by Brooke, who will resume silver allocation during the crazy Christmas period (she's usually in Audit department). My new desk would be beside Li, and it will be good to sit with her cuz we can always support each other and gossip in Cantonese which no one else in the office understands. :)

Perhaps, if needed, I will have to gradually cut down my shifts in the restaurant. I realized that I can never do any OT because of my night shifts, and neither can I wake up early because I worked late the night before. Come Christmas, I will be expecting lots of OT and earlier starts, therefore I wouldn't be able to work at the restaurant during weekdays.

An 'exciting' new adventure in line for me. Let's hope I do this role well.....

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey wanna ask you ar, would u have any job vacancy for an experienced diamond salesperson? My mum's best friend who currently resides in Amsterdam has been retrenched from her job. She has been working in the diamond industry for more than 10 years, and she needs a job badly. She's single btw, so she would need this job to support herself and her family. Kindly let me know asap if you know of any such vacancy avb. Also let me know if she can write in, and if so kindly also provide me with the details. Thanks! =D
Clarice said…
I'm not sure about a diamond position within my company, but i can definitely ask HR if there is any such chance available. However, I will need to find out too, if ther is a job available, how is she going to come here, since she's obviously a Netherlands PR/citizen...(?) No promises but I'll ask :)
Unknown said…
Hey gal wanted to tag u instead but couldn't see ur tagboard for some reason. anyways muchos gracias for the email!! =D have forwarded it to my mum already. will let u know if i need anything more. have a good day u! and dun ever give up hope on the dreams that u've worked so hard to keep alive! u've come this far already so dun quit on urself now no matter how tough the going gets yea? =) the Clarice i know is a FIGHTER!!! =D
Clarice said…
thank u gal... i am a fighter probably but the fighter side of me is probably on holidays or something, for now... :)

Popular Posts