Dinner gathering @ Korea Palace
As we are all having 2 weeks break with Hye Ri touring Germany and France, we decided to meet up for dinner and have a gathering. Thanks to Roland - who planned everything and forwarded emails to us regarding venues, time and people attending - we had a great time at Korea Palace, located at Market Lane (a little lane off Little Bourke's Street or aka Chinatown). There were 11 of us having dinner in the end - me, Ai-lin, Ai-Lin's language exchange buddy (I think her name is May/Mae/Mei... she's Korean), Tony and his wife Mary, Jennifer, Cathy, Daniel, So Yeon, Chiria, and Roland himself.
Chiria and Roland are a newly married couple and I simply loved their wedding photos! Their pre-wedding photo shoots had some really fantastic concept, and the backgrounds in each and every photo looks absolutely fab. On top of that, I love their wedding ceremony in Korea. Very cuturally rich and beautiful indeed!
We have 2 tables side by side, however, not connected to join as one long table. Therefore the other table were sharing various main dishes, and our side of the table opted for Korean BBQ. We had lots of pork belly, beef and kalbi meat.... I downed 2 bottles of OB Beer (오비맥주) at one go, but felt really bloated after that. The food at Korea Palace was not bad, but the service was quite slow and not very attentive.
I am lazy to edit all the pictures so I just post one this time with all of us (minus Cathy who left early) in it. You can see the rest of the pics on Facebook.

Back to class next Thursday! Hope Hye-Ri is fully recharged and will have her mind off unhappy things after her trip.
************************************************************************************
This week was terrible for me. I am so relieved that it is now Saturday, and I don't have to work today.
I am starting to feel the pressure and tension working as a diamond invoicer. My work load is piling up and as I am pretty new, I made a fair amount of mistakes here and there. Correcting mistakes itself took up so much of my time that I do not have any more time for anything else. Furthermore, Angela and Lizi have been sending me heaps of orders for me to send across to suppliers. There are also so many orders overdue that I have to keep chasing and hounding the suppliers for them. Penn has passed on many things to me when I move into the role (and she move out of it), yet she did not explain everything and their situations. As a result, I am left out in the open to figure everything out myself.
As I have to work at night, I cannot stay back too late after 5pm. However, for most of the days this week, I got to call in at Sozai telling them that I will be late and will try to be in by 7pm. Just now, Penn has got to help me prioritise everything because she saw my totally stressed out look after running the CAT Chase report.
Partly because I am not a fast learner, so I struggled to catch up. Also partly because the procedures in my company are ever so complicated and unless you really have the eye for fine details, you are most likely to miss a thing or two (and that's considered normal but I hate rectifying the mistakes I've made). From the moment I start work til the time I knock off every single day, my brain would be massively swelled up. Several times I feel like bursting into tears already... Right there, right then.... Recently, due to my 'wonderful' IELTS test results and every other factor linked to it, I have been feeling really low... However I still have to smile at people who give me nothing but faces/crap. I just wish I can disappear right now, or find myself a better situation to be in.....
I really appreciate my Saturday. I want nothing more than a nice, long, relaxing sleep, all snuggled up in my warm bed. Nobody wakes me up before 2pm!
Chiria and Roland are a newly married couple and I simply loved their wedding photos! Their pre-wedding photo shoots had some really fantastic concept, and the backgrounds in each and every photo looks absolutely fab. On top of that, I love their wedding ceremony in Korea. Very cuturally rich and beautiful indeed!
We have 2 tables side by side, however, not connected to join as one long table. Therefore the other table were sharing various main dishes, and our side of the table opted for Korean BBQ. We had lots of pork belly, beef and kalbi meat.... I downed 2 bottles of OB Beer (오비맥주) at one go, but felt really bloated after that. The food at Korea Palace was not bad, but the service was quite slow and not very attentive.
I am lazy to edit all the pictures so I just post one this time with all of us (minus Cathy who left early) in it. You can see the rest of the pics on Facebook.

Back to class next Thursday! Hope Hye-Ri is fully recharged and will have her mind off unhappy things after her trip.
************************************************************************************
This week was terrible for me. I am so relieved that it is now Saturday, and I don't have to work today.
I am starting to feel the pressure and tension working as a diamond invoicer. My work load is piling up and as I am pretty new, I made a fair amount of mistakes here and there. Correcting mistakes itself took up so much of my time that I do not have any more time for anything else. Furthermore, Angela and Lizi have been sending me heaps of orders for me to send across to suppliers. There are also so many orders overdue that I have to keep chasing and hounding the suppliers for them. Penn has passed on many things to me when I move into the role (and she move out of it), yet she did not explain everything and their situations. As a result, I am left out in the open to figure everything out myself.
As I have to work at night, I cannot stay back too late after 5pm. However, for most of the days this week, I got to call in at Sozai telling them that I will be late and will try to be in by 7pm. Just now, Penn has got to help me prioritise everything because she saw my totally stressed out look after running the CAT Chase report.
Partly because I am not a fast learner, so I struggled to catch up. Also partly because the procedures in my company are ever so complicated and unless you really have the eye for fine details, you are most likely to miss a thing or two (and that's considered normal but I hate rectifying the mistakes I've made). From the moment I start work til the time I knock off every single day, my brain would be massively swelled up. Several times I feel like bursting into tears already... Right there, right then.... Recently, due to my 'wonderful' IELTS test results and every other factor linked to it, I have been feeling really low... However I still have to smile at people who give me nothing but faces/crap. I just wish I can disappear right now, or find myself a better situation to be in.....
I really appreciate my Saturday. I want nothing more than a nice, long, relaxing sleep, all snuggled up in my warm bed. Nobody wakes me up before 2pm!
Comments