Customers VS Service Staff
Probably those who already have my Facebook would have seen my postings on the night I went back to Sozai, where I work at at night, to have dinner, for the FIRST time. It's nothing new now, but I just want to post on my blog since I am just wasting time now and dreading the moment I have to go to work again later... another hour to go before I leave the house... :(
Of course as a customer there is nothing that I need to do or worry about. But I realized that, after we sat down at table 11A, I started observing everyone around me and made a few mental notes on what I feel as a customer. These can reflect on how other customers feel when they are watching us when we work. However, usually when people go for dinner with friends, they are usually oblivious to things around them. But then again, if we want to be a better quality service restaurant, I suppose there are things we need to note as service staff in order to deliver a service of (above) satisfactory level.
That aside, Kylie and I really enjoyed our dinner that night. We were supposed to meet up to watch "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" (I am dying to watch it but I have no time!!) and then go and have dinner at Sozai. However, both of us work and the movie starts after 6pm and is 150mins long. Sozai's last order is at 9.30pm. We can only do either. In the end, we chose to have dinner instead. I wanted to catch Transformers on IMAX if possible. It should be more exciting that way!
Anyway, we ordered a main Sashimi (24 slices) and kaki no sachi (oysters with ikura on top) to begin with. Then after that we ordered sushi for main:

The lovely entrees that we had.

Kylie and I drank one of this sake - Kikusui (warm), and then after that we tried iwanoi (also warm). I think kikusui tastes similar to soju, whereas iwanoi is more bland. Probably the house sake (ozeki or hakushika) taste much nicer.

Kylie and I before the meal...

Yiyi serviced us with our meal...
This is how we look like at work. All black.


Our main meal of sushi

After operating hours...
Clayton is doing something on the computer...

Kylie, the service staff who has left already...
Benise - our most senior staff in Sozai
Me - senior staff
Yiyi - senior staff

Eric is another senior staff. After Clayton left, Eric took some of his duties, but he's not our manager.

In the bar... Yiyi was teaching Joe something. I am just imitating working in the bar lol...
Recently I've worked in the bar far more often than usual. Tiring...
There goes my night off... It was rare for me to have a Wednesday night off actually, but I swapped with Yiyi because she can't work on Saturday. Therefore I have no rest on Saturday again... And next week I work 6 nights!! SIGH!!
I have to admit, I love Sozai's sashimi... Always so fresh and they cut it in the correct thickness that tastes really good in your mouth. I hate sashimi too thinly sliced!
Of course as a customer there is nothing that I need to do or worry about. But I realized that, after we sat down at table 11A, I started observing everyone around me and made a few mental notes on what I feel as a customer. These can reflect on how other customers feel when they are watching us when we work. However, usually when people go for dinner with friends, they are usually oblivious to things around them. But then again, if we want to be a better quality service restaurant, I suppose there are things we need to note as service staff in order to deliver a service of (above) satisfactory level.
That aside, Kylie and I really enjoyed our dinner that night. We were supposed to meet up to watch "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" (I am dying to watch it but I have no time!!) and then go and have dinner at Sozai. However, both of us work and the movie starts after 6pm and is 150mins long. Sozai's last order is at 9.30pm. We can only do either. In the end, we chose to have dinner instead. I wanted to catch Transformers on IMAX if possible. It should be more exciting that way!
Anyway, we ordered a main Sashimi (24 slices) and kaki no sachi (oysters with ikura on top) to begin with. Then after that we ordered sushi for main:
- 6 pieces nasu nigiri
- 2 pieces white fish nigiri (another 2 pieces were bonus by our boss Nishi)
- 4 pieces tuna nigiri
- 2 pieces ikura nigiri
- 1 spicy salmon maki
- 1 spicy tuna maki

The lovely entrees that we had.

Kylie and I drank one of this sake - Kikusui (warm), and then after that we tried iwanoi (also warm). I think kikusui tastes similar to soju, whereas iwanoi is more bland. Probably the house sake (ozeki or hakushika) taste much nicer.

Kylie and I before the meal...

Yiyi serviced us with our meal...
This is how we look like at work. All black.


Our main meal of sushi

After operating hours...
Clayton is doing something on the computer...

Kylie, the service staff who has left already...
Benise - our most senior staff in Sozai
Me - senior staff
Yiyi - senior staff

Eric is another senior staff. After Clayton left, Eric took some of his duties, but he's not our manager.

In the bar... Yiyi was teaching Joe something. I am just imitating working in the bar lol...
Recently I've worked in the bar far more often than usual. Tiring...
There goes my night off... It was rare for me to have a Wednesday night off actually, but I swapped with Yiyi because she can't work on Saturday. Therefore I have no rest on Saturday again... And next week I work 6 nights!! SIGH!!
I have to admit, I love Sozai's sashimi... Always so fresh and they cut it in the correct thickness that tastes really good in your mouth. I hate sashimi too thinly sliced!
Comments