家好月圆 (Moonlight Resonance)

家好月圆 - Another HK drama I've completed so far... As Sozai has been closed for 2 weeks since last Monday, I have spent many of my resting nights trying to complete this exciting series in record time. 40 episodes within less than 3 weeks... It could have been faster if I don't have to go to work in the day.... I would have stayed in and probably finish it within a week!

This drama is probably the 'sequel' of "Heart of Greed" (溏心风暴), however, with a totally different storyline and different characters. The casts, however, remain the same - Raymond Lam, Linda Chung, Louise Lee, Ha Yu, Michelle Yim, Suzanna Kwan, Moses Chen, Tavia Yeung etc... In fact, the nature of the individual characters are more or less the same as "Heart of Greed", except for Michelle Yim, who plays the villainous second wife Yan Hong of the boss Kam tai Jo (Ha Yu) for the bakery 家好月圆, whose name was snatched from his first wife Chung Siu Hor (Louise Lee). This drama will portray how Louise Lee stood strong when her husband left her and brought up her 6 kids well-mannered and well-educated (not academic-wise, but personality-wise) whilst managing a little bakery of her own. It also portrays how she tries to bring her family together every Mid-Autumn festival and fighting her opponent as played by Michelle Yim.

Photobucket

Great drama - great storyline, great casts, great acting skills. Louise Lee, Ha Yu, Michelle Yim and Suzanna Kwan are veteran actors who play their roles so well it's really worth watching. Younger generation actors like Moses Chen, Tavia Yeung, Raymond Chung and Linda Chung etc also did a good job. I like the reasonings and lessons that 荷妈/Chung Siu Hor used to teach her kids what is right, and what is wrong. I like the meaning behind the entire drama - importance of family ties. Moreover, the importance of the virtues of life - having too much money is not necessarily good because it can make a person become greedy. Because of money, a person can do all the unnecessary evil deeds just to own lots of it. Greed, lies and the benefits that seems to come with them will only stay temporarily. 正所谓老天有眼; 人在做, 天在看- There IS something called retribution with every evil deed done, and I personally believe in that.

I can understand why HK drama are very successful in most Asian countries because of the value they have inserted in their storylines. With many of the dramas I've watched, they teach us something. Something simple, yet very valuable... however many people these days are somewhat aware of, yet never put it at heart in their daily lives. Well, of course there are some comedies that are highly entertaining but meaningless, which I'll like to exclude from my 'successful HK dramas' category.

Looking forward to my next drama... Will it be Korean or HK? Or maybe Taiwan? To me, anything is fine... cuz I love watching dramas and they do bring me to another world where I do not belong, yet allowing me to enjoy my time there.

Comments

Popular Posts